Bail Out!

The sport of kings.
ANGELS15

dldtaylor wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:35 am
Hi Everyone. I'm just getting back to grip with Bet Angel after a 2 year break. I would be grateful for a bit of advice on what I call Bailing Out. Say, for example, you've placed a Dob or Dutch just prior to the start of a race, and within the first few seconds of the race, what is the best way to get out of the trade? Up until now, I've set the Ctrl key on my keyboard to green up, and hit that. But due to the speed of price movement in-play, sometimes greening stakes aren't matched. On these occasions I just keep hitting the Ctrl key until they are. But this doesn't seem a very satisfactory method. Is there a more effective way? TIA
You've been given some excellent advice. I'll just add my 2 cents worth. I think the best approach to things like 'back to lay' or 'Dobbing' is to forget about stoplosses or bailouts. It's best to approach it based on your own personal stats and research.

If you have a proven successfull strategy with a better than 50% chance of longterm success then that's all that matters. You're going to get losing trades even on horses that get away on terms. Even the odds of horses that win can fluctuate quite wildly throughout a race. I saw a race a few years back where a horse was left around 40 lengths at the start and then jumped off and still managed to win. That was over jumps but I also saw a sprint where a horse reared up in the stalls lost 10 lengths and still won.

As has been said the best thing is to set your stake a level where it doesn't hurt your bank if a trade loses.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:15 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:25 pm
if its because it started badly then frankly I'd consider having a bit extra when everyone panics and tries to 'bail out',
Et viola. :) A poor start and 5f is still enough although granted for every rule there's an exception. I wonder who was banging the bailout button ;)

Ripon 17:10.
Screenshot_16.jpg
Was that today?
Blimey what are the chances of that given this discussion?! :)
MattP

Why not place the first bet in-running? Its not going to DOB in the first few seconds.
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:54 pm
Was that today?
Yeah next race I looked at when I got off the thread.

The chances? It's far from unusual but that's a wooly answer. Anyways, what are you asking me for? You've got the data, you go figure it out!!! :D
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:57 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:54 pm
Was that today?
Anyways, what are you asking me for? You've got the data, you go figure it out!!! :D
I'm having a rest!!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”