Free bet confusion!?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Hi all,

I was just building a free bet position on "thechangingoftheguard" at 15:10 @Chester, and Im not quite sure what I did to get these numbers....

I was in and out with £50 stakes at odds between 5.5-6.0 using fixed stake, and as you can see from my attached pics unintentionally hedged for £1.79 across all runners. I must have closed using the left P&L column on auto pilot.
I crossed out the green up button at the top and could see the free bet amounts in the left P&L column and so thought great I can still get my free bet. Looking at the profits for a win £1.79... and £1700 if the selection lost, Im not quite sure how that £1700 is possible, does that mean I still had a position open as a straight bet? Even though no reds!?

I didn't want to leave it to chance because I didn't understand how this had come about and knowing my luck Id end up losing £1700 somehow lol. So closed the position @2.0 for a free bet of £7.73, which was taken immediately. I am just wondering have I just mist a trick there closing it out so low, when I could've closed it much higher up for a much bigger profit....? :?

The reason for me closing it so low was because I made a similar error the other day when playing about in the place markets and where I thought I was greening up using the the left P&L column, but actually placed another lay bet that didn't get matched and I unintentionally lost the liability. Seeing those big numbers, even though green, I didn't want the same thing to happen and end up wiping out my account.

TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

On the ladder, when the green button is pressed the green column will tell you how much you would green up for at that price if the bet is matched. When the butt4 is off it tells you how much your free bet would be if you click that price and it's matched.

If you're not sure of your position just switch to the one-click interface.
Brovashift

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 3:59 pm
On the ladder, when the green button is pressed the green column will tell you how much you would green up for at that price if the bet is matched. When the butt4 is off it tells you how much your free bet would be if you click that price and it's matched.

If you're not sure of your position just switch to the one-click interface.
Cheers Derek, so I could have matched that bet a lot higher up as there was money waiting all the way up to the current price (at the time) @5.0+.

Although normally when I press the green button in the left P&L column at a price below the current traded price, it places a closing stake where is remains unmatched until/if the price trades down to it. When I closed the trade @2.0 this time, well below the current trading price, it was matched instantly. :?:

I'll have to have a play around and press a load of buttons in practice mode and with £2 stakes to try and replicate it so I can get it clear in my mind. :)

Thanks

Return to “Trading Horse racing”