Whats an acceptable ROI?

The sport of kings.
gstar77

Evening All,

Just a quick question, would any of you fellow traders see a daily ROI of 5% as a good/bad or mediocre return? Ive consistently been hitting this ROI daily over the last 2 weeks but as a yardstick just wanted to know where you more experienced traders see it?

Thanks
goat68

gstar77 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:32 pm
Evening All,

Just a quick question, would any of you fellow traders see a daily ROI of 5% as a good/bad or mediocre return? Ive consistently been hitting this ROI daily over the last 2 weeks but as a yardstick just wanted to know where you more experienced traders see it?

Thanks
I think it depends what you're doing.. For a HFT type bot 0.5% is pretty good. Whereas a value betting strategy maybe 10%. What I think it boils down to is some stat on how much "risk" you're taking, and maybe P-value type info.
eightbo

5% a good start op but too vague, i.e. are you using a £100 bank or a £5000 bank? (less impressive with £100)
How much matched bet vol. does it take to make that 5% return? There's more but you get the point

Imo keep it simple -- aim to grow, there's always another level so just crack on and up your +$ per month avg
As sports can be seasonal can be helpful to compare your months yr on yr
Master risk management / capital allocation, introduce new edges, scale existing ones, aim to make more next quarter than you did the last

Best of luck
gstar77

Thanks for the replies and info guys much appreciated
goat68

gstar77 wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:40 pm
Thanks for the replies and info guys much appreciated
This sort of calculator is useful to see how significant your progress is: https://valuebettingblog.com/drawdown-m ... s-betting/
Euler

I think it's very dependant on what you are doing?

If you gave me a £500 bank I could double it in a week. But the risk you take and drawdown and so on are very dependant on the strategy.

It's tough to compare one strategy with another and one RoI with another.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”