Inplay since TPD

The sport of kings.
alexmr2

Inplay traders (manual or auto), has your results changed since TPD was introduced?

Will those that don't use it be left behind and lose their edge?

Do those that use it now have better results?
wearthefoxhat

alexmr2 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:01 am
Inplay traders (manual or auto), has your results changed since TPD was introduced?

The Bet Angel IP trader, in my view, is on par with TPD. (@20ms).

I had a free trial with TPD a while ago (betmover). It has potential and others have sung its' praises, but I could quickly see where the value lies. (B.A.)

IMO, if you don't use it, (TPD), you won't get left behind, but those that do, could find an edge with the right set up, but the running costs may be exorbitant.
LinusP

alexmr2 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:01 am

Not sure many have memories going back over 4 years.
Euler

Do you feel you benefitted by being given it earlier than others?
jamesedwards

For me TPD has enabled in-play automation and augmented my existing manual trading.
LinusP

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:43 am
Sorry what?!
Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:27 pm
It’s the biggest edge there has ever been in inplay racing, I would take it over beating the inplay delay. Things are certainly more competitive this year, not quite in the way I was expecting tbh which has opened up a few different opportunities.
wearthefoxhat

LinusP wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:21 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:43 am
Sorry what?!
Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:27 pm
It’s the biggest edge there has ever been in inplay racing, I would take it over beating the inplay delay. Things are certainly more competitive this year, not quite in the way I was expecting tbh which has opened up a few different opportunities.
:) Just my view overall.

My logic is that the B.A. IP trader @20ms, assuming the LTP option is used, gives a neat visual overview to how the market is actually moving. Add in the cheeky one click back or lay that can be used on it's own or linked with the global settings for an offset trade...Pete's your uncle...

The bar movements and momentum of each runner, makes it easy to spot the movers and shakers along with the market over reactions.

Also at £12.50 a month, or 0.99p a day if you dip in and out, what's not to like.
Last edited by wearthefoxhat on Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

I've benefitted significantly from TPD, as I suspect others have and, ultimately, TPD and therefore the Racing industry.

It feels to me like a natural evolution.

I suspect most of us are benefitting form the many alternative styles of in-play trading that you see out there, that don't seem to have that much logic or thought put into them.
The Silk Run

I am yet to be convinced :roll:
JA89

As a manual trader, the 'mainstream' acceptance and third party integration of TPD (I'm aware it has been around for quite a few years now) has been a negative for me.

It's mainly a matter of location, being in Australia it means that any UK trader is roughly .4 of a second ahead of me (0.2 to receive the info, 0.2 to get my trades into the market, not including the 1sec delay of course). I simply cannot beat that kind of disadvantage.

Of course the delay was also present with things like live pics, BF data etc, but I could grind out a small profit on UK in-play. But in recent months it's no longer possible and the only thing I can put it down to is TPD (firstly BetMover and now BA).

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, I'm just not going to be able to take advantage of it until I find a way I can automate my strategy.
PeterLe

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:38 pm

My logic is that the B.A. IP trader @20ms, assuming the LTP option is used, gives a neat visual overview to how the market is actually moving.
Fox - Don't forget, the update from TPD is only ever 200ms.

My take on TPD. You wont profit solely on TPD, especially if you are not already profitable in play. Id say crack that nut first
I've had TPD for a couple of years now and found it difficult to crack initially. (ie I have the feed direct from Belfair (on my own program) and I now pay for the subscription to use on betangel)
I initially incorporated it into my successful strategies and found it had a negative impact. (i was missing good opportunities and sometimes making wrong ones based on the data)
I then stated at basics and rebuilt around TPD running separately on a sub account, you wont crack this in a week, it takes time.
The data jumps around a lot, you may find that 5m out a selection is shown as 0.5m behind, 10ms later it is 0.5m in front without any real change in position(within TPD Spec). Its not always logical.
You wont get it right 100% of the time. Anyway 100% is over rated :D

Return to “Trading Horse racing”