Lay drifting favourite

The sport of kings.
notreallybot

Hello,

I have some automation I'm playing with. Two rules, one to green up profit, the other to lay a drifting favourite. I back the favourite pre-race and then my automation file should kick in and if the favourite drifts below the new favourite I want it to set a lay 10 ticks above the current price. Am I missing anything with this?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

notreallybot wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:51 pm
Hello,

I have some automation I'm playing with. Two rules, one to green up profit, the other to lay a drifting favourite. I back the favourite pre-race and then my automation file should kick in and if the favourite drifts below the new favourite I want it to set a lay 10 ticks above the current price. Am I missing anything with this?

Thank you.
Your stop loss is set to fire when the lay price is equal to the last traded price plus 10 ticks!

Can you clarify what you mean by if the favourite drifts below the new favourite?
notreallybot

Yes, I've now changed it to fire when the lay price is less than the last traded price plus 10 ticks, and it's working as expected. What I mean by when the favourite drifts below the new favourite is when the original favourite, which I've backed, is no longer the favourite in play i.e. a new favourite replaces what was the original favourite.

The lay bet is now working as expected. I would just like to add one more piece of automation, which is to green up, or in this case red up, once the lay bet has been taken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Derek27

notreallybot wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:49 am
Yes, I've now changed it to fire when the lay price is less than the last traded price plus 10 ticks, and it's working as expected. What I mean by when the favourite drifts below the new favourite is when the original favourite, which I've backed, is no longer the favourite in play i.e. a new favourite replaces what was the original favourite.

The lay bet is now working as expected. I would just like to add one more piece of automation, which is to green up, or in this case red up, once the lay bet has been taken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
It was the word "drift" that got me, drifting usually describes a price going up.

Instead of placing a lay bet and then greening, you could do it in one go by using the "Close trade on selection with greening" rule.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”