Prices Recorded as Zero for a few seconds

The sport of kings.
plasteredric

I'm finally getting round to recording price data on the horses and while looking over todays data I noticed that the price of Bullet Force in the 6:15 Pont dropped to zero for a few seconds but then returned to 1.02 and fluctuated slightly for 15sec of so before the log stopped recording.
Is it safe to assume that the price returned because betfair re-opened the market for whatever reason?
Also, is it standard practice for betfair to change the reported price to zero when it's the suspected winner?
Capturechar.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Just a guess, but presumably there was no back offer available, ie the back price dropped below 1.01.
Derek27

If you're using Excel, I think I remember having a line of code, if back price = 0 then ...
Anbell

plasteredric wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:42 pm
I'm finally getting round to recording price data on the horses and while looking over todays data I noticed that the price of Bullet Force in the 6:15 Pont dropped to zero for a few seconds but then returned to 1.02 and fluctuated slightly for 15sec of so before the log stopped recording.
Is it safe to assume that the price returned because betfair re-opened the market for whatever reason?
Also, is it standard practice for betfair to change the reported price to zero when it's the suspected winner?

Capturechar.PNG
Betfair doesnt change prices. Buyers and sellers do
plasteredric

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:47 pm
Just a guess, but presumably there was no back offer available, ie the back price dropped below 1.01.
That would explain it.
I'm recording the back price via stored value exports so I guess BA must record zero if there isn't a price available on a runner.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”