More bad news...(affordability and that jazz)

The sport of kings.
Hepburn

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:22 pm
A soft credit search only reveals your credit score. No further details or breakdown of the score are revealed.

But the score by itself can highlight you have/had credit issues.

Example: A score less than 500 shows you probably shouldn’t be gambling etc.

But it can be misleading because someone who is retired and had no credit in the past 6 years will probably unfairly get a low score etc.
thanks for that info.
Archery1969

Hepburn wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:27 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
A soft credit search only reveals your credit score. No further details or breakdown of the score are revealed.

But it can be misleading because someone who is retired and had no credit in the past 6 years will probably unfairly get a low score etc.
thanks for that info.
Following on:

The average UK credit score with Equifax is 383 and with Experian is 759. They have different marking criteria.

So, it depends who BF will use for doing the search with.

My score with Experian is lower than 759 so maybe my account would be closed and I be banned until my score ever goes back above 759.

BF might end up losing allot of customers.
Dallas

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:36 pm
Hepburn wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:27 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

thanks for that info.
Following on:

The average UK credit score with Equifax is 383 and with Experian is 759. They have different marking criteria.

So, it depends who BF will use for doing the search with.

My score with Experian is lower than 759 so maybe my account would be closed and I be banned until my score ever goes back above 759.

BF might end up losing allot of customers.
Equifax recently changed theres and now score upto 999 like Experian with Equifax UK average at 585
Dallas

Govt' white paper now looks likely to be delayed until at least 5th Sept when the new PM and govt. is formed
ODPaul82

Yep just read on the guardian it's to be delayed

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... ourth-time
Derek27

Richie Sunak has announced if he becomes PM there will be a furlong scheme to compensate restricted traders. :D
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:14 pm
Richie Sunak has announced if he becomes PM there will be a furlong scheme to compensate restricted traders. :D
:lol:
jamesedwards

New Gambling Commission rules come into force from 12th Sept. They were announced a few months ago. My guess is they will match the recommendations of the white paper.

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/n ... ators%20of
Archery1969

Time spent gambling ?

If that covers automation 24/7 then we fucked. :oops:
andy28

Do these rules apply to all BF customers or only those in the UK? My BF account is with BF Australia, if they apply to all BF accounts then I am screwed as I have no income apart from savings
Derek27

WTF do they mean by "spend"? Is it turnover or losses? I bet the idiots don't even know themselves!
ShaunWhite

andy28 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:18 am
Do these rules apply to all BF customers or only those in the UK? My BF account is with BF Australia, if they apply to all BF accounts then I am screwed as I have no income apart from savings
UK.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:59 am
WTF do they mean by "spend"? Is it turnover or losses? I bet the idiots don't even know themselves!
Checks are only triggered when making deposits so I don't think you've got much reason to worry.

And re the White Paper, it apprears to leave checks at the dicretion of the operator still, and it doesn't come across as particularly prescriptive or Draconian; probably because it has to be applicable for everyone from and exchange to bingo. In fact it's all worded to give the impression that they've taken action but very little is concrete. If people have got concerns then just let the balance build up a bit (and a lot have) to cover all eventualities and everything should be cushty. Besides, the noises from account managers are very much that they'll exercise plenty of latitude, business like Betfair aren't as stupid as most people like to think they are, they're not the ones sat at home in their pants ;)
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:00 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:59 am
Checks are only triggered when making deposits so I don't think you've got much reason to worry.

And re the White Paper, it apprears to leave checks at the dicretion of the operator still, and it doesn't come across as particularly prescriptive or Draconian; probably because it has to be applicable for everyone from and exchange to bingo. In fact it's all worded to give the impression that they've taken action but very little is concrete. If people have got concerns then just let the balance build up a bit (and a lot have) to cover all eventualities and everything should be cushty. Besides, the noises from account managers are very much that they'll exercise plenty of latitude, business like Betfair aren't as stupid as most people like to think they are, they're not the ones sat at home in their pants ;)
Yeah, I realise it was generic advice/guidelines. I have an issue with the word "spend" when it comes to gambling. You spend money in shops, restaurants, etc. When it comes to retail businesses, even those idiots behind the white paper wouldn't use that word. They'd use words like income & expenditure, Profit & loss, receipts & payments. It's the assumption that all bettors/traders are spenders and irritates me, as it probably does you. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:17 am
. It's the assumption that all bettors/traders are spenders and irritates me, as it probably does you. :)
Yes and no, the assumption that everyone loses bugs me but if they understood its just a regular job for some then there's the risk of taxation..... And clearly it should be taxed, some people have been making 6 figures for over a decade and not paying tax while their cleaner does is silly. If you want to make a living under the radar it will always be precarious.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”