Export Watchlist Possible?

The sport of kings.
gstar1975

Is it possible, or could it be possible in future versions of Betangel, to be able to export a Watchlist into a csv file or Excel? Like its possible with Guardian.
Euler

The watchlist is a subset of Guardian, so if you export the watch list you are, in effect, exporting Guardian.
gstar1975

Euler wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:15 pm
The watchlist is a subset of Guardian, so if you export the watch list you are, in effect, exporting Guardian.
I would like to have a watchlist in excel so I can do some calculations. Not on separate sheets but in a watchlist on the same sheet in a summary just with the name price and volume in Betfair order so I can see any outliers with more volume and higher price than runners with lower price and lower volume.
Derek27

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:18 am
Euler wrote:
I would like to have a watchlist in excel so I can do some calculations. Not on separate sheets but in a watchlist on the same sheet in a summary just with the name price and volume in Betfair order so I can see any outliers with more volume and higher price than runners with lower price and lower volume.
If you connect BA to the multi-sheet spreadsheet you can have a summary page with all the information you need. You just enter formula that points to or calculates the data you want from the market sheets.

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gstar1975

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:28 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Euler wrote:
If you connect BA to the multi-sheet spreadsheet you can have a summary page with all the information you need. You just enter formula that points to or calculates the data you want from the market sheets.

Capture.GIF
It would be easier if there was just one button to press to get that. But its a bit more complicated than that I expect. Which formulas do I use to point the data to a sheet? Especially when each race has different number of runners. I am sum what still learning the advanced usage of Excel. Is there any way you could explain further please?
Derek27

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:41 pm
Derek27 wrote:
gstar1975 wrote:

Capture.GIF
It would be easier if there was just one button to press to get that. But its a bit more complicated than that I expect. Which formulas do I use to point the data to a sheet? Especially when each race has different number of runners. I am sum what still learning the advanced usage of Excel. Is there any way you could explain further please?
To place the name of a market or start time in the summary sheet you just use the formula: ='<sheet name>'!<cell reference>

For example: ='Bet Angel 1'!F7

You can do the same for profit/losses/prices. On the sheet in the illustration I use VBA code to populate some of the cells. You also have the time in-play on each spreadsheet so you can use a formula to display the number of minutes or even just display the in-play time.
gstar1975

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:14 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Capture.GIF
To place the name of a market or start time in the summary sheet you just use the formula: ='<sheet name>'!<cell reference>

You can do the same for profit/losses/prices. On the sheet in the illustration I use VBA code to populate some of the cells. You also have the time in-play on each spreadsheet so you can use a formula to display the number of minutes or even just display the in-play time.
Yes but then I would have to have 40 rows for each race to allow for races with larger fields. Or do it manually everytime I set it up so it would take too much time. Do you see what I mean? At the moment its just easier to look through the watch list and pick out a few then do the calc.
Derek27

gstar1975 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:32 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:14 pm
gstar1975 wrote:

Yes but then I would have to have 40 rows for each race to allow for races with larger fields. Or do it manually everytime I set it up so it would take too much time. Do you see what I mean? At the moment its just easier to look through the watch list and pick out a few then do the calc.
Yes, that would probably be self-defeating. Perhaps export Guardian as Peter says, I didn't even know you could do that.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”