Normal & Reversed ladders

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Feel a bit of a tit asking this but;

When there is a large back order trying to get filled, looking at a normal odds display ladder (left blue column), if we reverse the odds display ladder so left column now pink, we'd be laying at the current back price, and visa versa... that large back order is still a back order, even though its in the lay columm (reversed ladder)?

If thats right I think I've missed a trick here for the past 12 months lol, I've never used the normal odds display and so automatically see the reversed display as the normal. I just noticed it in one of Peters latest Twitter video posts and thought shit, have I had that wrong all this time!

poo emoji :lol:

Hang on a minumte though... when a selection gets heavily backed the price shortens :roll:
Dallas

Reversing the odds display is mainly for when using the one-click screen
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rev ... splay.html
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:46 pm
Cheers Dallas, the normal ladder is really confusing to me now lol.

The thing that threw me was one of Peters latest video tweets where he said

"If you see an outsized order in the market. It tends to make sense to oppose it from a trading perspective - https://buff.ly/3dJMXm2"

To oppose or go against, when looking at a reversed ladder, I naturally think of placing back orders on the right side of the ladder. But having a read of the userguide link youve shared, Im guessing, when Peter says "from a trading perspective", he means it makes sense to match 'against' avaialble money.... I think :?:
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:32 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:46 pm
Cheers Dallas, the normal ladder is really confusing to me now lol.

The thing that threw me was one of Peters latest video tweets where he said

"If you see an outsized order in the market. It tends to make sense to oppose it from a trading perspective - https://buff.ly/3dJMXm2"

To oppose or go against, when looking at a reversed ladder, I naturally think of placing back orders on the right side of the ladder. But having a read of the userguide link youve shared, Im guessing, when Peter says "from a trading perspective", he means it makes sense to match 'against' avaialble money.... I think :?:
In that video Peter is explaining that if you see a large order go into the market and it wants to be matched (ie, its not spoof money getting placed a few ticks outside the price that keeps getting pulled when the price moves near it) then the logical trade is to go with it, ie, jump in front of it and try and ride the move

It wouldn't matter if you had the ladder reversed or normal the only difference being where you click to place your bets
If it was reversed like on the video you'd click in the pink column on the left at 1.88 to place the lay bet
If it was normal you'd click in the pink column on the right at 1.88 to place the lay bet
Dallas

Probably the best thing to do is place some unmatched bets on the ladder in the reverse display (if thats what you normally do)
then switch it to normal display and you'll see what happens with the column colours your unmatched bets, then place some further unmatched bets near them and switch the display back again
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:26 pm
Probably the best thing to do is place some unmatched bets on the ladder in the reverse display (if thats what you normally do)
then switch it to normal display and you'll see what happens with the column colours your unmatched bets, then place some further unmatched bets near them and switch the display back again
Thanks Dallas, I've had a little play clicking buttons and can see now how it places the orders. I think its actually more intuitive having the ladders reversed. The thing that was throwing me was the "oppose" in the twitter description, thought I'd missunderstood some basic fundamental thing when using the ladder lol. Possibly I was just reading too much into the post desciption. My brain working overtime on a Sunday lol
Euler

When you reverse a ladder you offer to the market which is long term net positive, depending on what you are doing. But your order will sit there and wait so you may not get it filled.

In fast moving markets, it's worth just taking out a price if you are confident you know what is going to happen.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”