Market Volumes

The sport of kings.
kerza

It seems like the volumes/liquidity in the horse racing markets have fell off a cliff. I've been trading a few years now but I've not recorded any information on market volumes so I'm not sure how much of a difference there actually is. For those of you that have this data, how bad is it really?
RoyJay

I don’t have any data, though have noticed the same.

Some pitiful rookerfull amounts of money being matched on some markets these days.

Yesterday saw quite a few struggling to get over 200k, I’m sure most races used to comfortably get over 400k, though maybe I remember wrong.
Euler

The lower quality markets are suffering, but the bigger markets are doing OK. Guessing its the draconian stance on affordability in a lot of cases. Most sports are seeing the same thing.
RoyJay

Yes, you would be amazed if volumes were going up given all that is happening with horse racing and betting on it at the moment. Continues to be attacked from all sides, whilst offering no defence.

It does seem to be the small meetings taking the brunt volume wise, big meetings still seem ok. But even on those small meetings there are still plenty of opportunities, it’s just noticeable that on some races the total matched seems well down.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:40 am
The lower quality markets are suffering, but the bigger markets are doing OK. Guessing its the draconian stance on affordability in a lot of cases. Most sports are seeing the same thing.
It's not just those checks because it's the same (or worse) all over Europe. There's bigger issues at play.

Eg
Screenshot_20220902-125542_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kerza

I guess with covid, affordability checks and now the cost of living crisis, this is to be expected. It would be nice if it recovered at some point though, although I've seen others on here mention that the exchange volumes have been on a gradual decline over the years.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”