Place and Win Market prices

The sport of kings.
cmuddle

Hello folks,

trying to understand the correlation between place and win markets. How are place market prices are calculated exactly.
If you have the time to give some advice or show me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.
Tried to search the forum but did not find much but maybe it's just me not knowing how to look. There is probably tons of information.

Thank you
Jukebox

Good luck with that cmuddle. Place markets are markets in their own right - they may be related to win markets but there is no "exact" relationship.

If it helps, Peter did this video some time ago on how he believes it ought to↨be calculated - but even he concludes it did not correlate with the real world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN2vEXH0aEM
Derek27

cmuddle wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:32 pm
Hello folks,

trying to understand the correlation between place and win markets. How are place market prices are calculated exactly.
If you have the time to give some advice or show me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.
Tried to search the forum but did not find much but maybe it's just me not knowing how to look. There is probably tons of information.

Thank you
It's the old bookies' each-way conundrum. Some horses have little chance of winning but are almost certain to get placed. Others have almost as much chance of winning as they do to get placed, so they'll never correlate. As Jukebox says, they are completely independent markets.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”