Is rule 4 applied in-play?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Hi all,

Just a quick one... are prices adjusted in-play when a rider is unseated?

I was just watching the 12:45 @Ludlow and an outsider 'i think' came off on the bend, but the 2nd fav 'Baliyad' went out to 1000, for a good few seconds, before dropping back down to 4s. Seemed liked the market made a mistake there about which rider unseated. Would have been I nice win if you happen to have had £1+ sitting @1000 on that particular runner. :)

TIA
Euler

The prices only adjust through the market and players in it.

A rule four can only occur if a horse fails to start.
Brovashift

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:20 pm

Cheers Euler, thats interesting, I'm not sure what happened there then. I wonder if some automation could take advantage of freak occurances like that...
ANGELS15

Brovashift wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:05 pm
Euler wrote:

Cheers Euler, thats interesting, I'm not sure what happened there then. I wonder if some automation could take advantage of freak occurances like that...
I remember a story many years ago in the early days of in-running betting. A punter saw a horse travelling well in a race and decided to back it in-running. He placed his bet for around £40 at what he thought was odds of around 6.0 however he was immediately matched at 1000!. Seconds later the commenator said the punter's horse had fallen. A few seconds after that the commentator corrected himself as it was another horse in similar colours which had actually fallen and the punter's horse was still in the race and went on to win!
Euler

At least once a year I pick up a 1000 winner, someway or another, but generally by fluke.
jamesedwards

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:52 am
Brovashift wrote:
Euler wrote:

I remember a story many years ago in the early days of in-running betting. A punter saw a horse travelling well in a race and decided to back it in-running. He placed his bet for around £40 at what he thought was odds of around 6.0 however he was immediately matched at 1000!. Seconds later the commenator said the punter's horse had fallen. A few seconds after that the commentator corrected himself as it was another horse in similar colours which had actually fallen and the punter's horse was still in the race and went on to win!
A member of the Betfair forum lost several hundred thousand pounds on that horse.
ANGELS15

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:00 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:52 am
Brovashift wrote:

A member of the Betfair forum lost several hundred thousand pounds on that horse.
Ouch! :shock:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”