Backing in play

The sport of kings.
gstar77

Evening all,

Anyone know how I can back all the horses in a race when they go odds on in play? I dont know how to set up automation to place a back bet at worse odds than currently available.

Thanks
jamesedwards

gstar77 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:18 pm
Evening all,

Anyone know how I can back all the horses in a race when they go odds on in play? I dont know how to set up automation to place a back bet at worse odds than currently available.

Thanks
The only way to do this is to set up Guardian to place a back bet when any selection reaches back odds below a set amount, eg for odds-on it would be 1.99. Trouble is there is an in-play delay of 1 sec so by the time your bet reaches the market the price may have moved significantly higher or lower.
gstar77

Thanks for your reply, Ive tried to set up automation in Guardian but cant seem to wait until my price point is triggered before firing a back bet in. Any ideas?
Derek27

gstar77 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:38 pm
Thanks for your reply, Ive tried to set up automation in Guardian but cant seem to wait until my price point is triggered before firing a back bet in. Any ideas?
Post your file or show a screenshot of the relevant rule.

You need a condition that checks that the back price is < 2.0.

Then, your rule can fire a bet at that price, a shorter price to increase your chances of catching it, or a bigger price if you think the price might bounce. You could even have 3 rules to split the bet amongst all three.
gstar77

Got it, thanks for your reply!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”