RTV v SKY v ITV v Betfair video

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

Archangel wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:18 pm
Just wondering how they get permission to add their kit to the runners
It's a commercial relationship, but both sides have a lot to gain from it so I wouldn't think much cash changes hands. It's also the data source for broadcast onscreen graphics so imo the industry should have done this themselves as part of a serious modernisation.
Archangel

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:44 pm
Archangel wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:18 pm
Just wondering how they get permission to add their kit to the runners
It's a commercial relationship, but both sides have a lot to gain from it so I wouldn't think much cash changes hands. It's also the data source for broadcast onscreen graphics so imo the industry should have done this themselves as part of a serious modernisation.
Yeah for sure. One area that I RARELY hear anyone in the industry talking about is in-running trading. I believe its a hugely undertapped potential in the market. If there was a serious attempt to level the playing field to access live feeds it could revolutionise the inplay markets.
At the moment, if you ask the average punter about in-play, they just shrug and say theres no point, the people with access to faster pictures, either at the course, or drones, have too big an edge
Black Ice

Many thanks Euler & others....starting to get a handle on BFLV & feeds! However is this the correct link? https://youtu.be/r8Fp7jga1lg. I thought it would take me to TPD...but it is simply a link telling me that Fox Fox & Chrome are no longer supported & to download the latest version...which I have done...despite FF telling me very recently that I have the latest version??

What is the reason that I get buffering from ATR/SKY tracks...never from RTV tracks?? Many thanks.
jamesedwards

Black Ice wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:27 pm
Many thanks Euler & others....starting to get a handle on BFLV & feeds! However is this the correct link? https://youtu.be/r8Fp7jga1lg. I thought it would take me to TPD...but it is simply a link telling me that Fox Fox & Chrome are no longer supported & to download the latest version...which I have done...despite FF telling me very recently that I have the latest version??

What is the reason that I get buffering from ATR/SKY tracks...never from RTV tracks?? Many thanks.
The link is correct. Try a different browser if you are having problems.
Black Ice

Got it:Many thanks James!
Edbee123

Black Ice wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:27 pm

You need to change the latency in BLV for ATR to the lowest latency setting, ( I think there are 3 different options and it's initially set on the middle latency setting) you only need to do it once and it will remain the same unless you change it.
Black Ice

Have spent some time trying to find latency icon on BFLV. then got onto BF chat...after plenty of prevarication got this message:" I am not aware of any latency settings I'm afarid. With regards to the buffering, as mentioned, these are third party and there may be some delays from Sky's end but not from RTV." so is there a latency setting on BFLV or not please? If not: is there any way to stop the buffering from SKY tracks or not?? Many thanks.
Edbee123

The latency icon is built within the ATR video, you can't change it before the video appears, so you'll need to wait until about 3 minutes before the first race at Southwell to amend the latency settings.
Black Ice

Got it Edbee....very many thanks...seems considerably better after first race....many thanks for your help :)
Edbee123

Good to see it's sorted and good luck, bear in mind you're still 2 seconds behind TPD and the 80+ people using the drone with a side on angle.
Black Ice

Yes! Great info...I will! very many thanks... :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”