Drone coverage for in-play racing?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of and has used drone footage for inplay trading?
I use Betfair live feed, and when it works its great... but when it doesn't it pisses me right off. Even with an excellent interent speed and ping rate, some days are like wtf! :evil:

Can't find anything easily on Google, so guessing it might be on a need to know basis, "I know a guy with a drone" type thing.

TIA
Dallas

Pretty much killed off by TPD which is way ahead of it

It won't be long before the race courses get there act together and restrict the air space during meeting like football stadiums do

BTW I have several drones (both camera and FPV) and hold a A2CofC certificate so could quite easily go out and use one to do this while sitting in a car/van and betting but I know there's no real advantage to it
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:52 pm

It won't be long before the race courses get there act together and restrict the air space during meeting like football stadiums do

BTW I have several drones (both camera and FPV) and hold a A2CofC certificate so could quite easily go out and use one to do this while sitting in a car/van and betting but I know there's no real advantage to it
Hi Dallas, Happy New Year...

Oh ye, TPD, I'd forgotten about that. Does TPD offer an advantage when race reading i.e. watching the live pictures, or does that require a slightly different approach? I'd have thought trying to monitor too many things in-play might get a bit confusing.
Also I had read somewhere a while ago that it can sometimes play silly buggers and send the wrong or delayed information, causing people to lose money.
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:17 pm
Dallas wrote:

Oh ye, TPD, I'd forgotten about that. Does TPD offer an advantage when race reading i.e. watching the live pictures, or does that require a slightly different approach? I'd have thought trying to monitor too many things in-play might get a bit confusing.
Also I had read somewhere a while ago that it can sometimes play silly buggers and send the wrong or delayed information, causing people to lose money.
Happy new year to you to

TPD certainly complements race reading as its putting numbers on everything you are seeing so combined they give you a very unique view and quite often the underlying data will tell/show you something well before its obvious from live pictures

They have had a few issues at US courses mostly to do with signals and comms etc trackside but UK tracks haven't seen any major problems but as with any type of tech there is always going to be a risk of something going wrong, remember they are GPS transponders in the saddles of bunches of horses running in packs at 40mph so its never going to be accurate to the meter and millisecond - but allowing for the margin or error TPD state and if using the data for automation its easy enough to build in fail safes etc

Have a look at this thread and you'll see how infrequent it is for there to be issues at UK courses (far less than BF themselves have) and they will always respond and/or look into any potential issues raised
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=25007&start=315

Thinking back to when BA first added TPD there was a 'few' who were vocally negative towards it here and on social media, however after a bit of digging it turned out at least two of the most vocal had not only never actually used TPD but had in fact previously been posting about using/recommending drone feeds elsewhere which was quite amusing to see :lol:
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:56 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:17 pm
Dallas wrote:

Happy new year to you to

TPD certainly complements race reading as its putting numbers on everything you are seeing so combined they give you a very unique view and quite often the underlying data will tell/show you something well before its obvious from live pictures

They have had a few issues at US courses mostly to do with signals and comms etc trackside but UK tracks haven't seen any major problems but as with any type of tech there is always going to be a risk of something going wrong, remember they are GPS transponders in the saddles of bunches of horses running in packs at 40mph so its never going to be accurate to the meter and millisecond - but allowing for the margin or error TPD state and if using the data for automation its easy enough to build in fail safes etc

Have a look at this thread and you'll see how infrequent it is for there to be issues at UK courses (far less than BF themselves have) and they will always respond and/or look into any potential issues raised
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=25007&start=315

Thinking back to when BA first added TPD there was a 'few' who were vocally negative towards it here and on social media, however after a bit of digging it turned out at least two of the most vocal had not only never actually used TPD but had in fact previously been posting about using/recommending drone feeds elsewhere which was quite amusing to see :lol:
Cheers Dallas, I will have a little read through that thread later, and no doubt come back with questions :lol:
hotjohnnn

I have used both and i have to say TPD has issues and i have 1-2 screenshots that proves it can be deadly wrong in the finish of the races.
From the other hand i do not use my own drone and i get it from a drone feed through Discord. The downside is the video quality it is very poor at 720p 30fps. But the quality i guess is bad because it is through discord share screen. Bottom line is if you have a great drone with amazing picture quality you should do it because it is the highest edge you can get in any sport. I am open to cooperation.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”