Are horse race times recorded anywhere?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Just wondering if anyone knows if/where race times are recorded, by course/distance etc?

I'm working on a Web scraping project and race times are one thing I can't find anywhere in results.

ShaunWhite

Are you looking for winning times for specifically named horses or just the std duration for different race type/distance/going/class/course permutations?
zippus

Brovashift wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:09 am
Just wondering if anyone knows if/where race times are recorded, by course/distance etc?

I'm working on a Web scraping project and race times are one thing I can't find anywhere in results.

The Racing Post has this information. It has this for every horse that completed the race, so you can easily select the winners for the standard winning time. It also has going as well, so it's very helpful. Attached is an example of what i have for each and every race course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brovashift

Im looking for the sources of info to scrap and can get race type/distance/going/class from Racing Post, but I can't find where the race times are for each horse in every race... Where am I looking @zippus? Is it for subscribers only?

How do paid services get their data, are there web services to subscribe to? I was trialing CAH Systems that is good, and has the times and adjusted times. But seeing if I can scrap the same data for free...
zippus

Brovashift wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm
Im looking for the sources of info to scrap and can get race type/distance/going/class from Racing Post, but I can't find where the race times are for each horse in every race... Where am I looking @zippus? Is it for subscribers only?

How do paid services get their data, are there web services to subscribe to? I was trialing CAH Systems that is good, and has the times and adjusted times. But seeing if I can scrap the same data for free...
I've sent you a PM.
ODPaul82

Return to “Trading Horse racing”