Please help interpret!

The sport of kings.
DarrenB

Hi All,
I tried my hand at back to lay dobbing today and enjoyed it! could someone interpret the two images. one is a success and one is a failed effort.
In the first pic. Did I make the profit including the stake or additional to the stake?
In the second pic, did I just lose the stake?
all stakes are £1 on back and lay
Darren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

All profits are in addition to the stake used

In the first image you won £1 assuming 'Paricolor' won the race otherwise lost nothing
In the second image you will of won £4.66 assuming 'Can't stop now' won the race other you lost £1 if any other runner won

In any market where there is only 1 winner you win/lose the amount below the selections name who won

This page of the user guide explains things in more detail
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/one ... ng_up.html
DarrenB

Hi Dallas,
So in the winning trade I should have automated it and used greening to stop the need for the selection to have to win, to lock in the trade profit?
I didnt use greening and the horse lost the race but the trade was successful (ultimately not due to not greening). Does that sound right my friend?
Darren.
Dallas

DarrenB wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:21 pm
Hi Dallas,
So in the winning trade I should have automated it and used greening to stop the need for the selection to have to win, to lock in the trade profit?
I didnt use greening and the horse lost the race but the trade was successful (ultimately not due to not greening). Does that sound right my friend?
Darren.
As neither of the runners you traded won the race you didn't win anything - just lost £1 in the second race

If you are Dobbing there is no need to green up, the offset bet placed at half the opening bet for double the stake is the exact amount needed to green up - so you win your stake amount no matter who wins hence its name DOB (double or bust)

When not DOBing by greening up you are spreading whatever your profit (or loss) you have equally across all runners

If you want to automate Dobbing there is a ready-made files you can download in the shared files section, you just select the runner you want it to bet on on your main Guardian page, you can also nominate a runner to green up at a 20% profit
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13629

Return to “Trading Horse racing”