Multiple bet angel instances advice

The sport of kings.
DarrenB

Hi,
I have 2 instances of bet angel open at the same time that both access the same betfair account.
One instance is for dobbing only, the second is for pre off trading.
If I green up on my pre off trades on the second instance, will it mess up my trades on the dobbing instance? Thanks,
Darren.
Derek27

DarrenB wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:23 pm
Hi,
I have 2 instances of bet angel open at the same time that both access the same betfair account.
One instance is for dobbing only, the second is for pre off trading.
If I green up on my pre off trades on the second instance, will it mess up my trades on the dobbing instance? Thanks,
Darren.
It will if your dob is placed pre-off and before greening up, as greening up will green up your dob before the race goes in-play. If you place your dob after greening up you should be fine.

If you're running two automation files on the same race and with the same account, it won't make any difference if they're running on the same or different instances of BA.
DarrenB

Hi Derek,
Thank you. I am super cautious so I think im going to open a separate betfare account in my wife's name so I can rest assured and be certain that the two never conflict.
Out of interest, in your opinion, how different is the Australian racing to the UK? And will this Dob strategy work the same on aussie races?
Much appreciated.
Darren.
Kai

DarrenB wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:00 pm
I am super cautious so I think im going to open a separate betfare account in my wife's name
That would probably be the very opposite of cautious? :?
Derek27

DarrenB wrote:
Hi Derek,
Thank you. I am super cautious so I think im going to open a separate betfare account in my wife's name so I can rest assured and be certain that the two never conflict.
Out of interest, in your opinion, how different is the Australian racing to the UK? And will this Dob strategy work the same on aussie races?
Much appreciated.
Darren.
Australian racing trade a bit differently than UK, less volatile, quite profitable but I've never seriously got into in-play trading so I don't know about dobbing. As Kai says, it's not a good idea to use someone else's account. Betfair has algorithms to recognise similar betting patterns to stop people avoiding PC and could close your account.
tumby

DarrenB wrote:
The best set up to achieve what you want is a master account with several sub accounts. Each sub account is completely independent so you can run different strategies without them conflicting. I can't recall how I ended up with this set up, maybe from a discussion with someone at BF, possibly start with customer service and see how you get on.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”