Book - Mordin on Time

The sport of kings.
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:34 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:37 am
The scary bit is that those that have paid squiilions for a university degree may get quickly overtaken by dumb and dumber who now have access to answers/solutions at their figure tips...count me in!
Aside from the sciences, sucess doesn't comes from what you know it's about who you know. You aren't going to get far being a genius who lives in your mother's basement :). Uni is about connections and demonstrating self sufficiency and personal accountability, the knowledge itself has always been in libraries (the interent) for free.
I'd agree on that, just my take on all the extra resources that anyone can now access on-line.
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:20 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:37 am
Kai wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:08 pm

Quite scary how quickly we get used to AI like this

Human history from AI perspective must read like a blooper reel :lol:

It's almost embarrassing really
Only just getting started!

At my age I rarely get embarrassed about anything. Keep learning new things, keep the brain active, go out and see what you can find. (sounds like a lyric to a song)

The scary bit is that those that have paid squiilions for a university degree may get quickly overtaken by dumb and dumber who now have access to answers/solutions at their figure tips...count me in!
Idk if that's going to level the playing field much, it's like they say, knowledge is just potential power and is utterly useless unless organized into definite plans of action directed towards a definite end result. If you take Google search for example, it's a free knowledge tool that's been around for a while but people still barely know how to use it, if that hasn't created droves of new millionaires everywhere then Google 3000 probably won't either.

But we should be worried and careful, what used to be fact, that the human mind was the most powerful processor known to machine, may not even be true anymore!

And if you've watched as many sci-fi shows as I have you will know how easy it is to add personality subroutines etc to AI :D

Steve Martin was in one called:

The man with two brains 1983

twobrains.png

The second brain could be advanced AI plugged into your own brain, in a jar. Tempting?

Maybe not too far away...

neuralink.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Atho55 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:03 am
Many years ago I put together a calculator to compare the past runs of each horse before comparing one against the other. Basic idea was to try and normalise past performance v next race by adding or subtracting time. Then look for the one that has the best time. Before anyone says it, going, wind speed, crisp bags blowing in parade ring spooking runners etc, not included

Have done 1st race today. VE day looks to be the fastest runner but who knows. My 10p view on Time

Elogio & VE Day.jpg

Apologise & Morandi Second.jpg
Good shout there Atho55, are you sure you're not the real Bill Benter?....

1,50 MussR.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atho55

If I was I would not be upstairs scraping woodchip wallpaper off..
wearthefoxhat

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:47 am
If I was I would not be upstairs scraping woodchip wallpaper off..
:shock: :lol:
StellaBot

Here is a true story

There is/was a famous horse called Best Mate

So eg having a database of times , tracks , goings etc

Best Mate normally did a pre race gallop/race at Huntingdon prior to Cheltenham

This year It did the normal prep around Huntingdon
But during the prep race
Say 1/6 1/8 on
Horses fell circuit out maybe
It eased down as no contenders

Broke track Record :D