My dobbing Selection process and or advice!

The sport of kings.
DarrenB

Hi all,
This is how I select my horses for dobbing, pretty standard really but am I missing something?
1. Load up Guardian with the days UK/Ire win only markets.
2. For each race, go to timeform and select a horse(if one is suitable) that has dobbed in its last three races.
3. Set the selection in Guardian.
4. Pray!

As of my last post on here, I'm may remove maiden, novice and apprentice races.
Does anyone look at different markers as to improving the selection?

Any critisism is warmly welcome.

Darren.
ShaunWhite

Just looking for 3 previous dobs isn't going to help unless you know what it was running against. Maybe it ran vs a lot of hold up horses and this time they're all front runners? Or did it keep front running and lose so this time they'll hold it up, or has it stepped up or down in class? Novices would be tough as not so much is known about them, and maidens are all looking for a running style that suits them. It'll take a lot more homework.
wearthefoxhat

DarrenB wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:16 pm
Hi all,
This is how I select my horses for dobbing, pretty standard really but am I missing something?
2. For each race, go to timeform and select a horse(if one is suitable) that has dobbed in its last three races.
4. Pray!

Darren.

One suggestion is to check a pace map similar to the one ATR offer. (free)

12:55 Wolverhampton 11th March

PaceMap.png

Two likely pace setters are: Missing You & Doctor Mozart. As it's over 5f, usually a Low draw is favoured, both are low drawn. Maybe Missing You slightly best.

Draw.png

The price(s) are good for a potential DOB. If too short, then they more or less have to win the race.

Market.png

No guarantees of course. Also check the comments of previous runs for words like, led early, prominent.

If over the jumps, pace maps on their own are okay, just check how they line up just before the off. If the jockey wants to get an early lead, he'll jostle to the front.

If the race initially isn't going according to the script, cash-out and protect your bank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:03 pm
DarrenB wrote:
Hi all,
4. Pray!

Darren.

PaceMap.png

Two likely pace setters are: Missing You & Doctor Mozart. As it's over 5f, usually a Low draw is favoured, both are low drawn. Maybe Missing You slightly best.

Draw.png

The price(s) are good for a potential DOB. If too short, then they more or less have to win the race.

Market.png

No guarantees of course. Also check the comments of previous runs for words like, led early, prominent.

If over the jumps, pace maps on their own are okay, just check how they line up just before the off. If the jockey wants to get an early lead, he'll jostle to the front.

If the race initially isn't going according to the script, cash-out and protect your bank.

The results from the above post:. 1 out of 2 were D.O.B.S.

DOBRes.png

One of my older posts talked about H.O.B.'s and Q.O.B.'s. (Half/Quarter) Both runners qualified with a Q.O.B..

Good luck in your quest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DarrenB

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:53 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
DarrenB wrote:
Hi all,
4. Pray!

Darren.

PaceMap.png

Draw.png

Market.png

DOBRes.png

One of my older posts talked about H.O.B.'s and Q.O.B.'s. (Half/Quarter) Both runners qualified with a Q.O.B..

Good luck in your quest.
This information is top notch mate, thank you. I've implemented the pace info this week and it has resulted in many more wins. I dont suppose you trade the Australian markets at all?
wearthefoxhat

DarrenB wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:35 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:53 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:

PaceMap.png

Draw.png

Market.png

DOBRes.png

Good luck in your quest.
This information is top notch mate, thank you. I've implemented the pace info this week and it has resulted in many more wins. I dont suppose you trade the Australian markets at all?

Not the Australian ones. Do like to watch the aussie racing though.
obviousheinz

DarrenB wrote:
Hi all,
4. Pray!

Darren.
geometry dash lite
How skilled are you at picking winners and betting in general? Taking on players with fast images or TPD for two or three minutes at a time could be a baptism of fire, so it could be wiser to focus on learning the fundamentals in the much slower pre-race markets.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”