The sport of kings.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:34 pm
Archangel wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:29 pm
sionascaig wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:15 pm
Shame they aren't protesting about The National overround,- would love to hear the commentators comments on that...
147%
HORRIFIC! PURE THEFT! and needs broadcasters to call it for what it is, I just looked at 2 random Grand Nationals from about 30 years ago that Mr Frisk ran in (won one) 130% and 131% overrounds
I thought the norm was 160+
Emmson

Not 30 years ago Del!
Naffman

Someone desperate for both of Mullins' last race
Naffman

Gets matched, puts more on
Tuco

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:30 pm
Oh dear protesters grabbed the BF suspend guy
I also saw that! :lol:
Euler

Betfair has difficulty settling SP on the GN due to the number of bets.

They had major problems one year. So now they take a bit longer to reconcile them, but it works!
Euler

I always get the same feeling each year. Sad it's over, but glad it's over.
Derek27

They should have just left them animal rights nutters tied to the fence, or better still, line them up and let them be the fence. :D
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:03 pm
They should have just left them animal rights nutters tied to the fence, or better still, line them up and let them be the fence. :D
Jumps racing needed a clean race today and it was from it, I've even seen those in racing calling for changes to be made
Derek27

Hill Sixteen's trainer blames ignorant protestors for the horse's death.

Don't know why but I'm sure he's correct - I'll go along with that. :D
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:55 pm
Hill Sixteen's trainer blames ignorant protestors for the horse's death.

Don't know why but I'm sure he's correct - I'll go along with that. :D
Y, saw that in the RP on Saturday night, and there was a big backlash against the protesters on Twitter laying the blame for it at their feet

Considering the horse had never even fallen before, then after the attention seekers who illegally scaled fences to get onto the course to hold up a race adding unnecessary distress to all the runners this poor horse falls at the first and losses its life as a result

Really do feel sorry for its owners, trainer and all those who cared for it throughout its life
Derek27

2012 1000 Guineas: Two fillies left to go into the stalls when a horse reared up and got stuck in her stall, unfortunately fatally injured. They had to remove all the fillies and move the stalls to remove the injured filly.

Half an hour later when the race was off, outsider Homecoming Queen hacked up by nine lengths from Virginia Waters, the two fillies that never entered the stalls, with the fancied runners never even getting into the race. What it shows is that once a horse enters the stalls with a raised heart rate and ready to jump out it can't repeat the process half an hour later. It's probably switched off by then so it is no surprise that there was a fatality at the first.
Archangel

I dont have any time for these protesters. As far as I can see they are a group of militant vegans looking for attention, and couldnt care less about the horses the rest of the year.

However, the race itself was another story. One horse dead and general mayhem at times during the race. The vast majority of the general public only watch one race a year and its the National. From a PR perspective it was a bit of a disaster.
Archery1969

It wont happen but those protesters should be charged with endangering the lives of Jockeys and Horses. Minimum 5 years in prison after getting 100 strokes of the birch and 2 hours of water boarding.
Michael5482

Racings problem is the BHA are consistently trying to appease people like Animal Rising, people like Animal Rising won't accept anything less than a total horse racing ban along with everyone eating organic carrot and coriander soup morning noon and night so no point even trying to appease them.

BHA needs to tell them to f@ck off and concentrate on people involved in racing.

Lets hope all the criminal activists from Saturday are charged, brought before the courts and made an example of.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”