less than 100 people make a living from horses pre race ?

The sport of kings.
freddy

lol thats one of the problems with this business so much B.S and miss information out there.

Dreamers claiming to be making millions a month
People selling systems that don't work
as well as the it carn't be done brigade :lol:

It's a mine field, the people new to trading have no idea who to belive in :? .

The truth is out there 8-)
Iron

Hi Freddy

I think you've hit the nail on the head. There clearly are methods that work, but it isn't easy to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Jeff
freddy wrote:lol thats one of the problems with this business so much B.S and miss information out there.

Dreamers claiming to be making millions a month
People selling systems that don't work
as well as the it carn't be done brigade :lol:

It's a mine field, the people new to trading have no idea who to belive in :? .

The truth is out there 8-)
mugsgame

jeff,
Factor this in too.
If a strategy can be a) Replicated and b) Scaled up. It's guaranteed to lose it's effectiveness, but will open the door to another exploitation of the market.

The trick is to stay one step ahead. As in every field there are leaders and followers.
enzabella2009

Considering Betfair involvement in the market you may be only 10 making a living from horse trading. :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Iron

What Betfair involvement in the market? :)

I'm not being flippant - I genuinely don't know if Betfair do get involved in the market.

Jeff
enzabella2009 wrote:Considering Betfair involvement in the market you may be only 10 making a living from horse trading. :lol: :lol: :lol: .
andyfuller

Jeff - may I suggest you read this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3590
Iron

Andy

I am familiar with the general principle of not quoting text unnecessarily.

However, I wasn't quoting a vast chunk of text (it was a single line!). And I think it helps other forum members if people quote enough text to make it obvious to whom they are responding and what point(s) they are addressing.

But just to make you happy, I haven't included your message in this reply! :)

Jeff
Zenyatta

Ferru123 wrote:

I know that often horses do shoot up in price in-play, only to go on and win. But you're assuming that the drift is due to market irrationality - that the market has underestimated the horse's true chances, which might not be the case. Sometimes a lucky comeback is just that - lucky. :)

And what if the price goes up to 7 when it should really be at 70.0, but people just can't bring themselves to accept that the horse they thought was a sure thing really is well and truly out of the race?

I'm not saying it won't work - the in-play market is extremely inefficient, and I've spent more time than is healthy thinking about such strategies myself! But I'm not convinced...

Jeff
jeff,

opposing trends loses money much more slowly than following them...no doubt about that..incidentally I'-ve been watching the ladder inplay and noticed someone nipping in putting in quite big back bets..I'm convinced its Peter Webb :lol:
crossing_along

Awesome results for yeastarday , a profit day ! Soon I will be among 100 ( or 300 spartans ) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zenyatta

I do worry a bit that the BetAngel marketing makes it out to be easier than it really is. I understand that it's very easy for some, but claims that anyone can make 100-200 pounds per day or that 'it's easier to win on Betfair than lose' simply aren't true.

I should emphasize again, that whilst I'm not a genius, I'm not a fool either, and again, whilst not an expert, I have read all the materials on trading carefully and followed all reasonable advise, and again, whilst not devoting all my time to it, I did put in a substantial effort for over a year.

Despite all these efforts, I am still unable to make a single penny on trading. Lots of peopole talk about their success, again, I still think it's worth it for people to mention their failure, because it does still provide useful data points.

---

Luckily I can absorb these losses, but the worry is that some people may get addicted and bet beyond their means. Trading is very addictive.

---

I think that new people coming in should just treat it as a fun (expensive) hobby, and if you turn out to among the lucky ones OK, but if not, no worries.
xpaul

Zenyatta wrote:I do worry a bit that the BetAngel marketing makes it out to be easier than it really is.
It's not only about marketing of BatAngel. Experienced traders need money from new traders to make profits but there's nothing wrong with that. It's how it works basically anywhere. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just naive or stupid or both.
So you will keep hearing stories how easy is to make living from trading.

Paul
crossing_along

So newbies represents food for the pro's. So when no newbies arround its so called ''Rubbish racing'' . As the summer approach things get better in this sens...
crossing_along

Watching Sony Ericsson Tennis Open right now it gives me some ideas abaut horse race trading , it all ends to Federer,Nadal and Djokovic ,they are the best ,if you watch how other players play compare with them you realise fast that only few players can attempt the big price . Same thing in horses trading,many may enter in competition but only a few can really get some profit out of it.
Last edited by crossing_along on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
freddy

Zenyatta wrote:I do worry a bit that the BetAngel marketing makes it out to be easier than it really is. I understand that it's very easy for some, but claims that anyone can make 100-200 pounds per day or that 'it's easier to win on Betfair than lose' simply aren't true.

I should emphasize again, that whilst I'm not a genius, I'm not a fool either, and again, whilst not an expert, I have read all the materials on trading carefully and followed all reasonable advise, and again, whilst not devoting all my time to it, I did put in a substantial effort for over a year.

Despite all these efforts, I am still unable to make a single penny on trading. Lots of peopole talk about their success, again, I still think it's worth it for people to mention their failure, because it does still provide useful data points.

---

Luckily I can absorb these losses, but the worry is that some people may get addicted and bet beyond their means. Trading is very addictive.

---

I think that new people coming in should just treat it as a fun (expensive) hobby, and if you turn out to among the lucky ones OK, but if not, no worries.
Bet angel is just a tool nothing more,
when i first bought it about 5 years ago i realised that and knew exactly what i was getting, as i beleive most people do when they purchase,

If it was that easy everyone would be doing it,
it's not claiming to be some get rich quick scheme.

People wouldn't complain if they bought a hammer from a D.I.Y and couldn't manage to put up a shelf up would they ?
they would just accept that it was the lack of skill rather than the hammer that was at fault.

Professionals always make things look easy and to replicate what they are doing you also must become an expert in the field, It's as simple as that.
Euler

]
Zenyatta wrote:I do worry a bit that the BetAngel marketing makes it out to be easier than it really is.
We have deliberately never tried to position things as a get rich scheme as it's much more complicated than that. But if you discover something new that finally gives you a fair chance of turning over the odds, you can't forgive us for getting a bit enthusiastic about it! I wasted many years of my youth handing money to bookmakers so exchanges were a really good opportunity to find an edge.

When I started looking seriously at exchanegs I faced incredible amounts of derision for trying and if I had listened to any of that I may have given up long before things worked out. We don't want to encourage people to recklessly chuck money at things, but we are happy to encourage people to find an edge in the market and given them tools to help them achieve that.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”