Leopardstown - 14:00 - Christmas Hurdle - Voler la vedette

The sport of kings.
Euler

Betfair wrote:Dear Peter,
Since the 2.00pm race at Leopardstown on 28 December 2011, we've looked in detail at all the circumstances surrounding the technology failure and the anomaly it created. In addition, we provided our Gibraltar regulator, the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner (GGC), with a detailed technical and operational report on the incident and the GGC made a number of recommendations. We have also consulted with customers and taken their feedback on board.
Accordingly, we have reviewed our decision to void all in-running bets matched on the race and, in the interests of fairness, certain categories of voided bets will be compensated by way of ex gratia payments from Betfair. This compensation complies with, and goes beyond, the GGC's recommendations.
The categories of bets that will be compensated are:
1. In-play winning positions in both the 'win' and the 'to be placed' markets which were achieved before the technology failure; and
2. In-play winning positions in the 'to be placed' market achieved at any time through to the completion of the race.
Bets matched in the 'win' market after the technology failure will remain void.
As your bets were placed in one of the two categories described above, a payment reflecting your winnings had the relevant bets not been voided, will be made to your Betfair account today.
Once again we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, and the time taken to reach this outcome. We do thank you for your continued support and remain committed to providing you with the best betting proposition possible.
Regards,
The Betfair Racing team
andyfuller

Thought you had missed the race Peter?
Euler wrote:Bloody hell, I missed that. I was on the race but we have about 12 people here today and I am in and out of the study trying to trade while making the odd appearance in the next room. I was on the race but missed this, was it in running?
Euler

Missed the in-running element of the race, any bets would have been just to tidy up the pre-off stuff.
Iron

It would be interesting to know who the payment came from - Betfair themselves, or the guy(s) your bet was matched against.

If it's the latter, I'd be a bit annoyed with Betfair if they'd told me unsuccessful bets I'd placed had been voided, only to decide I was liable after all!

Jeff
andyfuller

Not sure who they consulted with customer'wise? I never heard from them!
andyfuller

Ferru123 wrote:It would be interesting to know who the payment came from - Betfair themselves, or the guy(s) your bet was matched against.

If it's the latter, I'd be a bit annoyed with Betfair if they'd told me unsuccessful bets I'd placed had been voided, only to decide I was liable after all!

Jeff
It will come from Betfair as do all our winnings. Betfair isn't a betting exchange it is a bookmaker.

Also all bets placed post tech failure that would have been linked to the big order are still void.
spreadbetting

They'll have worked it how much it will cost and decided to compensate in order for some good publicity. Won't be long before they're harping on about how generous they've been, but it's just a case of crisis management and pay off any complainents that had a good case for their winnings.
enzabella2009

spreadbetting wrote:They'll have worked it how much it will cost and decided to compensate in order for some good publicity. Won't be long before they're harping on about how generous they've been, but it's just a case of crisis management and pay off any complainents that had a good case for their winnings.
They won`t pay them self though. They have PC funds to use it for and their last 3 days fishy activitys in the market. :lol: :lol:
pdupre1961

Peter, I'm pleased for you that you got your profits. But, and this is a big BUT, this is a cop out from Betfair and anyone that is monitoring them.

Many people, would have played the pre-off market followed by the in-play market, and they may lose out. And, then there's those with technical ability playing both in-play markets win only and place who may lose out. And, there's the one's who played the win market on Betfair and BetDaq arbitrage, they may have lost out.

So, Betfair get away with it again...

How can we continue to trust Betfair, if when we make a mistake we end up paying for it, but when they make a mistake it also costs us (Betfair customers).

Betfair should have to pay £23million. Now that would be a (bet)fair.
pdupre1961

And, what about those not involved with the winner. Who may have backed Mourad at the bookies with the idea of trading out for a profit. They've also lost all their money.

Betfair need to man up, the wimps...

Once you put up a market - you should take the responsibility of running that market.

I have no financial interest in that race, but to me Betfair are plain cheating their customers. Having spent several days reading the Betfair forum, it's clear to me that some people don't know wrong from right.

The original Betfair company where good. Now they are just another financial institution who don't care about their customers. But, do care about how everyone sees them.
psycho040253

Ferru123 wrote:It would be interesting to know who the payment came from - Betfair themselves, or the guy(s) your bet was matched against.

Jeff
A bet is a bet.

However, if the bets were placed by a customer bot and Betfair's software failure allowed their credit limit to be exceeded, then Betfair should not make the customer pay. Betfair, however, should pay up.

Psycho :evil:
Euler

Matched for a few quid less in the 13:25 at Gowran Park today.
sweetybt

looked like the XM was switched off during the race :!:
PeterLe

sweetybt wrote:looked like the XM was switched off during the race :!:
I didn't see the in running screen (did quite well out of the race)...how do you know XM was switched off???
sweetybt

PeterLe wrote: I didn't see the in running screen (did quite well out of the race)...how do you know XM was switched off???
It's a feature in the BA version 1.3.inner.cartel

Return to “Trading Horse racing”