The sport of kings.
JasBarrow

HorseDark wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:07 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:01 pm
eightbo wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:07 pm
Numbers look good. Am I right in saying this means you took 12 trades today from 30+ markets watched ?

PS Try adding a column with the formula: (sum of profits) / ((sum of profits) + abs(sum of losses)) it's a better performance indicator than strike rate.
abs?
The absolute value of a number.

abs(-20.25) = 20.25

https://exceljet.net/excel-functions/excel-abs-function
Cheers
jamesg46

Just noticed that Guardian stopped working this afternoon on a different PC that I'm using to collect data. It's only connected by WiFi, if I had a loss of internet temporarily, would Guardian carry on after connection was reestablished? Or has the software timed out because I've not been active in any markets... strange, I've not had that happen before but usually I am messing around with Guardian as I go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:12 pm
Just noticed that Guardian stopped working this afternoon on a different PC that I'm using to collect data. It's only connected by WiFi, if I had a loss of internet temporarily, would Guardian carry on after connection was reestablished? Or has the software timed out because I've not been active in any markets... strange, I've not had that happen before but usually I am messing around with Guardian as I go.
Providing the connection loss wasn't for a prolonged period of time it should of reconnected automatically and markets in Guardian should begin refreshing as soon as that happens.

Did the software timeout or had it froze during the period of time you were disconnected?
where you still able to click around and do stuff and did other markets begin refreshing ie, if loaded onto your main screen?
jamesg46

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:25 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Providing the connection loss wasn't for a prolonged period of time it should of reconnected automatically and markets in Guardian should begin refreshing as soon as that happens.

Did the software timeout or had it froze during the period of time you were disconnected?
where you still able to click around and do stuff and did other markets begin refreshing ie, if loaded onto your main screen?
I'm not sure if it did or not tbh, I just left it for the day without touching it. Today I've set Guardian to automatically switch to each market just incase it was a timeout by the software.

I've not had this issue before because I've always been active on just one instance of the software but this is a 2nd one that I'm using just to collect inplay data. Hopefully the automatic switch will stop a timeout, if that was the cause. :D
spreadbetting

Was it streaming? I'm sure betfair only allow a certain amount of streaming connections by default.
jamesg46

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:47 pm
Was it streaming? I'm sure betfair only allow a certain amount of streaming connections by default.
It was & is yeah... I'm streaming on this particular one and my main trading one.
Dallas

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:35 pm
Dallas wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I'm not sure if it did or not tbh, I just left it for the day without touching it. Today I've set Guardian to automatically switch to each market just incase it was a timeout by the software.

I've not had this issue before because I've always been active on just one instance of the software but this is a 2nd one that I'm using just to collect inplay data. Hopefully the automatic switch will stop a timeout, if that was the cause. :D
As long as you have sleep/hibernation mode disabled it should run continually, I have Guardian running all day every on backup laptop while Im manually trading and never use the auto-switch market option

Spreadbetting is right about the streaming limit but for Bet Angel that limit is 1000 markets in Guardian when streaming (more if polling) but you had a lot less so that too shouldn't have caused it.

If it does the same again, just check it hasn't frozen (by trying to open new windows etc), as that would suggest CPU/memory related rather than it being around the connection
jamesg46

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:06 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:35 pm
Dallas wrote:

As long as you have sleep/hibernation mode disabled it should run continually, I have Guardian running all day every on backup laptop while Im manually trading and never use the auto-switch market option

Spreadbetting is right about the streaming limit but for Bet Angel that limit is 1000 markets in Guardian when streaming (more if polling) but you had a lot less so that too shouldn't have caused it.

If it does the same again, just check it hasn't frozen (by trying to open new windows etc), as that would suggest CPU/memory related rather than it being around the connection
Thanks Dallas, will do.
jamesg46

"Critical Thinking" & "Whatwouldyouknow" in the same race... I'm way to easily amused.
The Silk Run

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:47 pm
Atmospherics SB, you are correct indeed. They appear to be having a purge on harvesting data, resulting in account suspensions !!!
gutuami

Punch abandoned due to fog
eightbo

gutuami wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:20 pm
Punch abandoned due to fog
update appreciated ty
eightbo

When Betfair add the upcoming racing e.g. 1-3 days in advance, does it always come through as a complete list for UK/IRE or perhaps it arrives track by track ?
Euler

Series of big gambles underway on the last couple of Wolvs races and now at Fontwell
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:36 pm
Series of big gambles underway on the last couple of Wolvs races and now at Fontwell
That Cristal Spirit move was lovely :D

And a pretty obvious move as well, big backing activity between 4.40 and 4.10 to signal the start of the move then it just kept coming :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”