Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
wearthefoxhat

Punch 1.50...Similar sort of trade...

Punch1.50.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Was a nice drift on the favourite in the end
Tetras

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:54 pm
Punch 1.20

Sometimes the 1st/2nd fav aren't always correlated...

Punch1.20.png
That one surprised me in a grade 2, but eh, it's Irish :lol:
xtrader16

I stopped watching/trading & punting on Irish Racing about 4/5 years ago. Got involved on small stakes today and nothing has changed. Its flipping abysmal. Never looking at it again.
invisiblelayer

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:38 pm
I stopped watching/trading & punting on Irish Racing about 4/5 years ago. Got involved on small stakes today and nothing has changed. Its flipping abysmal. Never looking at it again.
I bloody love the Irish stuff, but I know I'm in the minority. The only track I'm not that massive on is Dundalk but I do get involved
Trader Pat

invisiblelayer wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:13 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
I bloody love the Irish stuff, but I know I'm in the minority. The only track I'm not that massive on is Dundalk but I do get involved
You just have to adjust your trading style and expectations but there are some great opportunities in Irish racing.

Dundalk can be a bit like the wild west but there's still profit to be had
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:23 pm
invisiblelayer wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
You just have to adjust your trading style and expectations but there are some great opportunities in Irish racing.

Good for laying the fave 🤣🤣 dodgy irish!

I like Dublin though 🍻
ANGELS15

invisiblelayer wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
Likewise. I've always found the Irish racing to offer far better value. In the days when I was purely punting you would often find horses at 9/4, 5/2 which if they were in an equivalent english race would be odds on.

Another thing. Some people have a strategy of backing horses which have won recently and then turned out again within 5 days. I've found that the Irish runners perform better than their english counterparts in that respect.
Realrocknrolla

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:49 pm
invisiblelayer wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
Likewise. I've always found the Irish racing to offer far better value. In the days when I was purely punting you would often find horses at 9/4, 5/2 which if they were in an equivalent english race would be odds on.

Another thing. Some people have a strategy of backing horses which have won recently and then turned out again within 5 days. I've found that the Irish runners perform better than their english counterparts in that respect.
My late grandad loved backing a last time out winner if it was running within 7 days. Beating the handicapper.
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:40 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
invisiblelayer wrote:

I like Dublin though 🍻

Born, bred and live in Dublin.. but you won't beat Galway for a night out :)
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:40 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

I like Dublin though 🍻

Born, bred and live in Dublin.. but you won't beat Galway for a night out :)
It’s on the list mate. Heard it’s amazing!

Will take the winny over there if/when things get better!

Cork is on the list too! I want to fish the irish seas.
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm

Galway City and Killarney my two favourite places to go on the lash

Lots of coastline in Cork so you can't go wrong if you're into your fishing and anywhere up the west coast for sea fishing, i'm not much of a fisherman though!
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:24 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm

Galway City and Killarney my two favourite places to go on the lash

Lots of coastline in Cork so you can't go wrong if you're into your fishing and anywhere up the west coast for sea fishing, i'm not much of a fisherman though!
Brilliant pat!

Up and down with the fishing for me. Went mad about it few years ago, then realised the car couldn’t fit in the garage so slowed right down.

You can gather so much gear!
jamesg46

Anyone else's live feed not working.. first race I've tried is this Lingfield 12:45. Wanted to margin make on Kimmins.
Realrocknrolla

Vegas Blue playing skittles!!!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”