Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Trader724

All you have to do is to make a favorable book and the weirder you do it, the better. Be weird.
Snaff

😆👍
jamesg46

What an idiot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maturin

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:48 pm
What an idiot.
Unlucky James. I managed to turn a £12 loss into a £2 win, so I was quite pleased at that, but still got out WAY too early, as I didn't have the market overview up to see the other horse getting gambled in.

Win some and lose some!
jamesg46

Maturin wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:01 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:48 pm
What an idiot.
Unlucky James. I managed to turn a £12 loss into a £2 win, so I was quite pleased at that, but still got out WAY too early, as I didn't have the market overview up to see the other horse getting gambled in.

Win some and lose some!
Yep :D Still all day yet... just have to keep my expectations in check after missing out on that.
gazuty

A long(ish) article on the state of US horse racing - https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021 ... ng-survive?
Naffman

Bar a truly awful ride that 1st leg of the gamble would've got up
Euler

That's the great thing about these gambles, is if they win the price crashes in elsewhere, but if not they shoot out. Heads you win, tails you win!
alexmr2

Euler wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:48 pm
That's the great thing about these gambles, is if they win the price crashes in elsewhere, but if not they shoot out. Heads you win, tails you win!
It's always confused me thinking along these lines, more so when spectators and on course bookmakers aren't on track.

If there is a gamble would you say the next one is more likely to take place at the same track rather than whichever race is next? I noticed they were only happening at Pontrefact one day recently, but I recall people mentioning on here how punters would traditionally rush to the bookies counter to get their next bet on presumably whichever race is next.

Is a subsequent gamble more likely to happen if the previous one won or lost? There could be FOMO or loss chasing
Snaff

Euler wrote:
Thing is it happens that quick how do you take advantage of it? Most of the time markets already gone before the race has even finished.
Euler

A few people sweating on the next!
2021-05-18 at 15.05.14.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexmr2

Shame that the jockey got hurt getting thrown off that 1.2 favourite but a bigger shame they withdrew it and I didn't get my profit :lol: Thought it was going to be trade of the year when it bolted off
Euler

Snaff wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:44 pm
Euler wrote:
Thing is it happens that quick how do you take advantage of it? Most of the time markets already gone before the race has even finished.
After that first race looked like it was going to end in failure I was just looking for the others to drift. That is all.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:07 pm
A few people sweating on the next!

2021-05-18 at 15.05.14.png
Betfair took a while to withdraw the horse. The live video (with delay) were yapping on about it for what seemed ages.
Euler

Snaff wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:20 am
Not sure what YT is mate? At the end of the day it’s a highly efficient market so the is no wonder we struggle. I’ve only really seen Caan and Peter produce serious profits pre off. How they have an edge over so many people is what baffles me. Talk about it so openly, video’s etc… but don’t seem to lose the edge?
Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

I've had to work really hard over a large number of years on data collection, strategy, psychology and execution. So trading feels really natural to me.

But YouTube is rapidally heading down the clickbait route now. People who can't earn a living trading just trying to outdo each other to get views. Some of the stuff I see on there now is so false. I'm literally staring at the screen and shouting at it because it's so obvious to me that you would never use some of these things or say some of those things if you actually attempted it yourself.

It must be a real nightmare for people starting out because it's so difficult to know what's real and what isn't nowadays.

I would love to spend more time helping people but I obviously face this contradiction in that, I'm too busy doing it to be able to spare enough time to go in deep detail on an individual basis. I'm guessing there may be a time that I can do that, but it will probably be when I'm less active.

On the flipside people don't trade have plenty of time to spend "educating" people, that's the great contradiction!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”