Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:12 pm
But YouTube is rapidally heading down the clickbait route now. People who can't earn a living trading just trying to outdo each other to get views. Some of the stuff I see on there now is so false. I'm literally staring at the screen and shouting at it because it's so obvious to me that you would never use some of these things or say some of those things if you actually attempted it yourself.

Some of these videos actually highlight that the person who has produced it isn't a very good trader. I've seen some that show a 'successful' trade but it looks like they are just reacting to what's happening by chasing prices around and not really anticipating anything. In some of the vids you can actually see a move develop long before the person doing the talking :D

Sad thing is because there's a green screen at the end of the video to newbies it must be legit. This guy must know what's he's talking about right I mean he's made a profit?! Sign me up!
weemac

Euler wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:12 pm

But YouTube is rapidally heading down the clickbait route now. People who can't earn a living trading just trying to outdo each other to get views.
Going by todays' email from YouTube re their changing T's & C's, YouTube have now a clear incentive to increase such clickbait:

YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Program.

As I often say, things tend to get FAR worse before they ever get better.
Euler

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:39 pm
Some of these videos actually highlight that the person who has produced it isn't a very good trader. I've seen some that show a 'successful' trade but it looks like they are just reacting to what's happening by chasing prices around and not really anticipating anything. In some of the vids you can actually see a move develop long before the person doing the talking :D
During courses I would often pick off some of these types of videos to show people just how wrong things could be and what they should be looking at.

Some of the football content I've seen recently has been absolutely hilarious, so far removed from the reality of what I know it's incredible that people put their name to it.
Euler

I really dislike the summer jumps card on a Tuesday evening. It's never worked for me!
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:39 pm
During courses I would often pick off some of these types of videos to show people just how wrong things could be and what they should be looking at.

Some of the football content I've seen recently has been absolutely hilarious, so far removed from the reality of what I know it's incredible that people put their name to it.

Good for a giggle if nothing else!
Maturin

Euler wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:16 pm
I really dislike the summer jumps card on a Tuesday evening. It's never worked for me!
Yes, I think that might be a lesson for me too Peter - worst ever evening session in my short time! Got absolutely taken to the cleaners tonight!
Maturin

Euler wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Speaking of courses Peter, are there any plans to restart the masterclass at HQ when things get back to normal? I would definitely be interested, thanks.
Snaff

Irish racing catches me out all the time. I don’t know why I bother with it but it doesn’t seem right to ignore it.
Dallas

Snaff wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 pm
Irish racing catches me out all the time. I don’t know why I bother with it but it doesn’t seem right to ignore it.
I rarely bother with them except for the larger meetings, or if they are the only ones on
The few times I do on a regular day I'm very selective over which ones I get involved with
Snaff

I think I might have to take your approach to it Dallas. I get involved already knowing that I’m likely walking into a trap 😆
Snaff

I have not enjoyed Ayr today. Don’t know about you guys?
alexmr2

Snaff wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:57 pm
I think I might have to take your approach to it Dallas. I get involved already knowing that I’m likely walking into a trap 😆
You can always scale back your stake or scale out some of your position on those thin markets. When you are looking at smaller losses per tick or have a bigger green behind you it's a lot better psychologically than dealing with it running into the red at the same staking you use for a high quality UK race
Euler

Markets have felt a bit soft this week. I've been caught a few times with positions that just don't suit the underlying liquidity.

Haven't really enjoyed today that much.
Snaff

I think soft describes it well. Had a couple of trades that could of really took off but it just hasn’t really materialised today. I’m just giving Ireland a miss for now Alex, got enough on over here 😆
Padawanbewbie

I've struggled with pre race to be honest. Are there many of you who trade in running?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”