Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
weemac

My mouse was jittering around my screen for 2 or 3 minutes earlier today.
Crumpets

Just to clear up my own 'phantom orders' issue. My own orders were appearing very belatedly on the ladder, giving the impression that they were placing themselves. Appearing then reappearing every couple of seconds.

Never seen that before, guess something was up with the BF connection for a short while if others experienced similar things.

Maybe that was also your issue Mark?

The BF charts are still all over the place. They keep flickering between the full historic activity, and just the more recent activity. Weird
Crumpets

Must be a bf issue. Just checked the graphs on the phone app, and they're messing around too
Dallas

Crumpets wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:12 pm
Must be a bf issue. Just checked the graphs on the phone app, and they're messing around too
The BF charts have never been right for a few years now, and ever so often throw a bit more of a wobbler than normal
Peter did write a blog a few months back detailing what had been happening etc
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... ng-broken/
cookyweb

Hi All,

Is Betfair having issues today? my bets seem to be really slow getting placed.
wilf

cookyweb wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:24 pm
Hi All,

Is Betfair having issues today? my bets seem to be really slow getting placed.
I haven't had any problems Cooky.

The Betfair status page looks ok too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cookyweb

Thanks for the reply, strange, its consistently doing it... I'll try a full restart.
Diggy1884

Hi guys,

Despite the education in trading and trading set ups, I feel some market behaviour is under the hood in terms of its influence and isn't mentioned all that much??

Be it automation or servants or teams of traders working together, whatever it is I am quite sure now that there is a lot of the same operators working on the same markets in the same odds ranges. Quite possibly working together to create value entry points.

Your subconscious says its going up??? You feel it, can't describe it... You probably can now though as it even looks right, its the set up...Wow look at them stakes.... drifter......It's a drifter....

Lets enter.

Instantly steams in...

Interesting stuff :D
Euler

Bangor abandoned, but all the other meetings go ahead, but Doncaster is put back 30 minutes to let ground thaw.
Euler

All races @DoncasterRaces have been delayed following the abandonment of Bangor-on-Dee:

1155 (+25 mins, 1220)
1230 (+25 mins, 1255)
1305 (+25 mins, 1330)
1340 (+25 mins, 1405)
1415 (+20 mins, 1435)
1445 (+25 mins, 1510)
1517 (+18 mins, 1535)
Crumpets

Thanks for that Euler!
Was wondering why Doncaster had so little money.

Is there no warning of the half hour delay on bf, or have I missed something??
Euler

Only the AW courses survive.

Time to forget about that and enjoy the build up to the England match.
Trader724

Euler wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:17 am
Only the AW courses survive.

Time to forget about that and enjoy the build up to the England match.
England will be trampled by France tonight.
Euler

Newcastle abandoned
Diggy1884

Diggy1884 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:38 pm
Hi guys,
happy Monday lol

I am trying (and failing...) to trade pre off, as there are so many variables I am restricting myself to 'x' range of odds, 'y' types of trades a 'z' amount of liquidity. Just to get some set parameters as it feels like walking on ice in the dark at times.

Despite this, I still find an enormous amount of variety in the races and how the market can form/play out (time/liquidity), combined with my lack of discipline at times it has caused me to enter a trade without realising that the odds are moving because of the horses starting position on the field amongst the other horses (wandering around).

How can I isolate the races that start in stalls?

I have tried to google but did not get a simple method to eliminate the ones that will start whilst trotting around.

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

Thank you
Adam

Did this ages ago but didn't get round to adding my preferred solution to the original post....
This is what I did in the end;

-Add 'Stall draw' to custom columns in guardian, load all the races in guardian for the day, click stall draw ribbon to isolate the ones with a stall number... Thems be all the stall races for the day.

There are coupons and filters to filter out strings such as Hrd/Chs etc but I prefer this method.

May be of use for someone somewhere someday...

I will report back if I find that this can be done via a coupon using the same variable of stall draw as that would likely be even quicker

Return to “Trading Horse racing”