Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm
I'd imagine it may be out of context, but why would you do that in the first place anyhow?

You can't pick your nose now without it going viral so any pictures anywhere you think have the potential to do that.

Anyhow, it looks like it's led to Tiger Roll being pulled from the Grand National.
The reason given by the owners is what they consider an unfair weight.
ANGELS15

It seems another photo has emerged showing amateur jockey Rob James doing a similar riding a dead horse stunt. I've always naivley thought that people involved in this industry have a great love of horses. They're often drawn from the farming communities. When I first saw the Gordon Elliott photo I hoped it was a fake. Could not believe something like this could happen especially at a time when there are organisations campaigning to ban racing as they believe it's cruel.
Trader Pat

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:19 am
It seems another photo has emerged showing amateur jockey Rob James doing a similar riding a dead horse stunt. I've always naivley thought that people involved in this industry have a great love of horses. They're often drawn from the farming communities. When I first saw the Gordon Elliott photo I hoped it was a fake. Could not believe something like this could happen especially at a time when there are organisations campaigning to ban racing as they believe it's cruel.

Worse than that its a video. Whatever excuses can be made for Elliott and it being a momentary lapse and it maybe looking worse than it was James can have no such excuses made for him, absolutely disgusting.

Hopefully the IHRB get their finger out and hand down the appropriate punishment.
kerza

Anyone else having issues with markets not settling? All markets I've traded in the last hour have not settled.
trkizzle

kerza wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:11 pm
Anyone else having issues with markets not settling? All markets I've traded in the last hour have not settled.
Me too... Something going on
robchampion

kerza wrote:
Nothing settled since 3pm.
kerza

trkizzle wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:13 pm
kerza wrote:
Me too... Something going on
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Trader Pat

Betfair haven't settled any markets since 3:10, they're still suspended.
xtrader16

My last two winners have not been credited to my account. When I look into the unsettled bets they are not there either......Betfair Outage imminent....be careful.
alexmr2

Obviously in bad taste and not a good public image for the sport but putting modern snowflake entitlement into perspective, humans kill billions of animals every year and most people think nothing of it, yet get emotionally triggered by a harmless (yet bad taste) joke where technically the horse didn't suffer any pain. People forget to put things into perspective and like to fluidly join in with whichever narrative the media is portaying. Not a fan of cancel culture where a moment of bad taste put in the spotlight has lots of knockon effects (prize horses being withdrawn from the biggest races). I'm sure 30 years ago people wouldn't pay attention or just laugh it off
Last edited by alexmr2 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kerza

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:16 pm
My last two winners have not been credited to my account. When I look into the unsettled bets they are not there either......Betfair Outage imminent....be careful.
My balance hadn't updated either, but it has now. Although the markets are still showing as unsettled.
napshnap

They messed up my precious bets logs! :cry:
alexmr2

They aren't withdrawing finished races from the exchange racing schedule like they usually do on the website either so have more than one problem
xtrader16

Still not settling bets correctly. Nearly two hours now.
kerza

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:51 pm
Still not settling bets correctly. Nearly two hours now.
All settled now except the 4.05 and 4.55.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”