Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
ANGELS15

Pretty pissed off I set up a back to lay on Highland Dress in the 2.0 ling. logged in at 2 o clock online only to find the market was suspended so my automation couldn't fire and no way to place a manual bet. Off course the horse flew home!
Emmson

That was a STEEP DESCENT on Talking Point in the market

EDIT

and also in-running down to 1.1
xtrader16

My ladders went In Play about 10 seconds after the 15:10 at Ludlow started.......is a crash imminent? That’s a rhetorical question.
rik

live video not deleting old races anymore for a couple weeks now, anyone the same or knows what to do about it?
rik

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:12 pm
My ladders went In Play about 10 seconds after the 15:10 at Ludlow started.......is a crash imminent? That’s a rhetorical question.
i had issues placing bets about an hour ago but the betfair api site showed no issues
xtrader16

rik wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:14 pm
live video not deleting old races anymore for a couple weeks now, anyone the same or knows what to do about it?
Get a TV subscription. £25 per month.
xtrader16

So has trading the markets just become about the money at 01:55 and thats that? Is that what we have become?

Accounts should have a maximum limit of volume they can trade per day. Say £200,000 per day to stop any manipulation of the markets.
daveyp9

Noticed this too. Its like the dinner bell goes at 2 mins to post and money pours in. Reluctant to do anything now until this money arrives
xtrader16

It has been there for a while, I'd suggest it's a bookie offsetting liability. Surprising nobody wants to discuss it in the forum. Maybe I will ask my 500 Twitter followers instead. I'm going to video record every race and analyse it next week next to the data. Just wait until it appears, find out what direction it is in and jump aboard.

Choo....Choo....

Possibly somebody averaging over high stakes. It seems to reverse after the inital move, not all the time though. So who has an account big enough to do this ? It is somebody who know the market inside out though.
Last edited by xtrader16 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm
It has been there for a while, I'd suggest it's a bookie offsetting liability. Surprising nobody wants to discuss it in the forum. Maybe I will ask my 500 Twitter followers instead. I'm going to video record every race and analyse it next week next to the data. Just wait until it appears, find out what direction it is in and jump aboard.

Choo....Choo....
What exactly is it that you're seeing?
xtrader16

At +01:55 somebody, it cannot be multiple people, throws a huge sum of money into the market. I think its around £4000 each time. It moves the market faster then at any point in the last 10 minutes of the race. It stops for a few seconds then either carries on or reverses the position, sometimes it happens again at +01:40 as well.

They know exactly what they are doing. It happens in in 90% of day time races. Im recording the data and cross referencing the moves with the results of the races to see if they are punting or trading or laying off liabilites.

Its not new its been happening for a good while. But i'm going to get the data and find out what exactly the strategy is. Then I'm going to put it on Twitter and tell everybody about it so we can combat it.
goat68

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:16 pm
At +01:55 somebody, it cannot be multiple people, throws a huge sum of money into the market. I think its around £4000 each time. It moves the market faster then at any point in the last 10 minutes of the race. It stops for a few seconds then either carries on or reverses the position, sometimes it happens again at +01:40 as well.

They know exactly what they are doing. It happens in in 90% of day time races. Im recording the data and cross referencing the moves with the results of the races to see if they are punting or trading or laying off liabilites.

Its not new its been happening for a good while. But i'm going to get the data and find out what exactly the strategy is. Then I'm going to put it on Twitter and tell everybody about it so we can combat it.
It's been happening for ages the 2min thing, nobody responds because they don't want too many people taking advantage of it... so I would sshhh if I were you!
Euler

If you can see something in the market that repeats. It's highly likely you can exploit it from a trading perspective.
invisiblelayer

Hope nobody got burnt too badly today. Been lucky and missed the last few outages, worst one for me was that Friday afternoon fire drill or something daft a few years ago. Always keep the purple site ready to go just in case
Trader Pat

goat68 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:32 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:16 pm

It's been happening for ages the 2min thing, nobody responds because they don't want too many people taking advantage of it... so I would sshhh if I were you!

Can't say I've noticed anything that uniform to be honest.

You're always going to get more volume and large stakes in the last 2 minutes but I haven't seen anything repeating at 01:55.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”