Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
xtrader16

At +01:55 somebody, it cannot be multiple people, throws a huge sum of money into the market. I think its around £4000 each time. It moves the market faster then at any point in the last 10 minutes of the race. It stops for a few seconds then either carries on or reverses the position, sometimes it happens again at +01:40 as well.

They know exactly what they are doing. It happens in in 90% of day time races. Im recording the data and cross referencing the moves with the results of the races to see if they are punting or trading or laying off liabilites.

Its not new its been happening for a good while. But i'm going to get the data and find out what exactly the strategy is. Then I'm going to put it on Twitter and tell everybody about it so we can combat it.
goat68

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:16 pm
At +01:55 somebody, it cannot be multiple people, throws a huge sum of money into the market. I think its around £4000 each time. It moves the market faster then at any point in the last 10 minutes of the race. It stops for a few seconds then either carries on or reverses the position, sometimes it happens again at +01:40 as well.

They know exactly what they are doing. It happens in in 90% of day time races. Im recording the data and cross referencing the moves with the results of the races to see if they are punting or trading or laying off liabilites.

Its not new its been happening for a good while. But i'm going to get the data and find out what exactly the strategy is. Then I'm going to put it on Twitter and tell everybody about it so we can combat it.
It's been happening for ages the 2min thing, nobody responds because they don't want too many people taking advantage of it... so I would sshhh if I were you!
Euler

If you can see something in the market that repeats. It's highly likely you can exploit it from a trading perspective.
invisiblelayer

Hope nobody got burnt too badly today. Been lucky and missed the last few outages, worst one for me was that Friday afternoon fire drill or something daft a few years ago. Always keep the purple site ready to go just in case
Trader Pat

goat68 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:32 pm
xtrader16 wrote:

It's been happening for ages the 2min thing, nobody responds because they don't want too many people taking advantage of it... so I would sshhh if I were you!

Can't say I've noticed anything that uniform to be honest.

You're always going to get more volume and large stakes in the last 2 minutes but I haven't seen anything repeating at 01:55.
xtrader16

"You're always going to get more volume and large stakes in the last 2 minutes but I haven't seen anything repeating at 01:55"

You must not be looking hard enough. I bet you notice it now. I think it controls the market to a point and everybody just follows the new tend, but it needs more investigation. If you understand EXACTLY what it is then if your account is big enough you can get infront of it and manipulate it yourself and take advantage of it.

as far as the Sssshhhhhh goes. Nar.....
Realrocknrolla

xtrader16 wrote:

Sounds like someone building up a massive position with little and often and then getting out. Gotta love trading.
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 pm
"You're always going to get more volume and large stakes in the last 2 minutes but I haven't seen anything repeating at 01:55"

You must not be looking hard enough. I bet you notice it now. I think it controls the market to a point and everybody just follows the new tend, but it needs more investigation. If you understand EXACTLY what it is then if your account is big enough you can get infront of it and manipulate it yourself and take advantage of it.

Ok when you say somebody is throwing a large sum of money in the market do you mean a bet is being placed at 01:55 from the start in most markets or that somebody is placing large sums on the ladder at 01:55?
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 pm

It sounds like you're describing what was discussed on the forum a while back about large orders entering the market around the 4:30 mark in a lot of races but I think the general consensus on that was its cross matching.

I'm not seeing anything similiar around 01:55 and I've even gone back and looked at 10 videos I've recorded over the past week. All I can see is the usual increase of volume and orders coming into the market the nearer it gets to post time.
xtrader16

Ok when you say somebody is throwing a large sum of money in the market do you mean a bet is being placed at 01:55 from the start in most markets or that somebody is placing large sums on the ladder at 01:55?

Just watch the FAV from +01:55 to +01:47 before the off. A Large sum of money scoops up whatever is in the market depending on which direction it is going. I think the sum is between £4k-£10k in about 8 seconds. Then the market holds and either manual traders follow the trend or reverse it (depending on the horse) or this activates a load of BOTS who are triggered when high volumes are matched. I don’t know. It is mainly there between normal office hours.

Just watch it....see if you can work it out.

The market is a mathematical equation that needs to be figured out.
jamesg46

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Just watch the FAV from +01:55 to +01:47 before the off. A Large sum of money scoops up whatever is in the market depending on which direction it is going. I think the sum is between £4k-£10k in about 8 seconds. Then the market holds and either manual traders follow the trend or reverse it (depending on the horse) or this activates a load of BOTS who are triggered when high volumes are matched. I don’t know. It is mainly there between normal office hours.

The market isn't a mathematical equation that needs to be figured out... mathematical equations will help you figure certain parts of it out. What it won't do is explain random behaviour by random people. If you see something repeating then exploit it (like already mentioned) you've already said it happens depending on direcrion so you should be able to make a fortune.
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Ok so I've picked 10 videos from the past month at random and amazingly I've seen exactly what you describe between +01:55 & +01:47 in 6 of the 10 videos :o

However there is a but bigger than J-Lo's... I've also seen it between +01:45 & +01:37, +01:35 & +01:27 and between any other 8 second period you want to pick under 2 minutes. Its just the natural flow of the market. Bigger orders arriving as you get closer to the off, sometimes they take out a few ticks sometimes more. You're right though, bigger orders will activate different kinds of bots and in turn will increase volume. There's nothing more to it than that though that I can see.

I think you're falling victim to the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.
xtrader16

Im not even going to ask.

The point is it is the 01:55 that triggers everything. Let keep an eye on it. See if you can work out why it lays at time and why it backs sometimes. In there is a small fortune. There is a pattern in there somewhere.

or

You already know and dont want to lose an edge in the market. If thats the case.....nothing to see here Gov....
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:35 pm

Im not even going to ask.

The point is it is the 01:55 that triggers everything. Let keep an eye on it. See if you can work out why it lays at time and why it backs sometimes. In there is a small fortune. There is a pattern in there somewhere.

Like I said I don't see anything unusual. If you're trading tomorrow make a note of the races you see it in and post it on the forum to see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:35 pm

or

You already know and dont want to lose an edge in the market. If thats the case.....nothing to see here Gov....

I think you'd enjoy the US election thread ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”