Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
PDC

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 pm
That’s it mate. I don’t do it all the time but i fancy the 3pm. We will see.
Good luck, I will watch with interest.
Realrocknrolla

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:26 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:15 pm
That’s it mate. I don’t do it all the time but i fancy the 3pm. We will see.
Good luck, I will watch with interest.
My pal giving me shit now. He backed Cloudy Glen :D :shock: :o
Euler

Dead heat in the fighting fifth. Great race.
weemac

Free munnee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stueytrader

Seems like some heavy gambles at Wolves getting beaten today...?
stueytrader

That's shorties getting battered before getting beat, rather than longshots just to clarify.
ANGELS15

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:22 pm
Dead heat in the fighting fifth. Great race.
I'm seeing this post a bit late but just noted something interesting. I had done 3 back to lays in the fighting fifth and not so sleepy was one of them. At first I thought it had got beat as it looked as if Epatante had nodded at the right time on the line. Even the freeze frame and Betfair photo odds seemed to confirm this but it must have been a dodgy camera angle as a dead heat was called.

My bet on not so sleepy was only for £3 I assumed there would be a reduction in my return due to the dead heat. However Betfair settled it for the full £3 stake. This makes me wonder if it was an error or perhaps in order for them to do similar to bookmakers and apply half the stake it would mean a stake of £1.50 being applied. As the minimum stake is £2 perhaps they couldn't reduce it?
PDC

PDC wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm
I don't remember having afternoons in the jump season with just 2 UK meetings on. I know it is more common on the flat in the height of summer to have just 2 afternoon meetings on Mondays and Tuesdays but I can't remember it being so common, if at all, on the Jumps in prior seasons?

Next week for example we have just 2 afternoon meetings on:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Sunday

The following week:

Monday
Tuesday
Sunday

I'd much prefer they just had some blank days of racing and then 3 meetings on the days they do race, though I know that might not suit others.

Is this a new thing for 2021/22?
I have just been looking further ahead at the upcoming fixture lists for the UK and Ireland and it seems the 2 meeting afternoons must be a new policy for 2021/22 as it carries on at least until the end of January (as far as the upcoming list goes on the BHA website).

Almost (perhaps all, I wasn't counting) every single week between now and the end of January (and I assume longer) has 2 or more days with just 2 afternoon meetings on and then one evening AW fixture.

Add in the inevitable cancellations to frost and weather and I suspect there will be many single race meeting afternoons and blank days.

It will be a good reason to take some extra time off over the winter months at least.
napshnap

PDC wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:28 pm
PDC wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm
I don't remember having afternoons in the jump season with just 2 UK meetings on. I know it is more common on the flat in the height of summer to have just 2 afternoon meetings on Mondays and Tuesdays but I can't remember it being so common, if at all, on the Jumps in prior seasons?

Next week for example we have just 2 afternoon meetings on:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Sunday

The following week:

Monday
Tuesday
Sunday

I'd much prefer they just had some blank days of racing and then 3 meetings on the days they do race, though I know that might not suit others.

Is this a new thing for 2021/22?
I have just been looking further ahead at the upcoming fixture lists for the UK and Ireland and it seems the 2 meeting afternoons must be a new policy for 2021/22 as it carries on at least until the end of January (as far as the upcoming list goes on the BHA website).

Almost (perhaps all, I wasn't counting) every single week between now and the end of January (and I assume longer) has 2 or more days with just 2 afternoon meetings on and then one evening AW fixture.

Add in the inevitable cancellations to frost and weather and I suspect there will be many single race meeting afternoons and blank days.

It will be a good reason to take some extra time off over the winter months at least.
Thank you for the info, PDC. Means more money for greyhounds and aus horse racing markets.
Emmson

Big strong gamble on Broughtons Peace 7.00 Wolves that has actually petered out close to off, keen to see how this nag gets on.
Emmson

Broughtons Peace was hammered shortly into race this was its graph shortly before off. % chance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

That was insane.

It got bumped coming out of stalls and slipped to 6th where it was roughly held and had nothing in the latter stages. Finished fourth.
Emmson

Now I'm keen to see if there will some sort revenge backing in division 2 of that bloody awful standard of race :)
Euler

Possibly the biggest move I've ever seen in ten minutes.
2021-11-29 at 19.00.19.png

Return to “Trading Horse racing”