Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
jamesg46

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:40 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:33 pm
Using Guardian Lists to keep an eye out for Dutching opportunities... This time next year I'll be a millionaire :roll:
Lovely stuff James :)
Newmarket & Goodwood look like they offered up the opportunity... I've never dutched before but hopefully this wil offer confidence in what I'm doing.

If anyone wpuld like to use it, I don't mind uploading the file. i'm sure paspuggie you have a neat Excel sheet that does the trick too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader724

jamesg46 wrote:
Using Guardian Lists to keep an eye out for Dutching opportunities... This time next year I'll be a millionaire :roll:
Being a millionaire is overrated.
jamesg46

Trader724 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:54 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Being a millionaire is overrated.
Same as being good looking is :D :lol:
gutuami

so the race with the longest trend of favourite (20:25 HeX) is voided :(
paspuggie48

gutuami wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:45 pm
I had a good trade on that too but I saw Dubh Des Champs fall/trip/collapse on the straight early on and as I watched it on Betfair video nothing more was said and the transmission finished once it was cancelled..so thought it was down to that?
paspuggie48

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:46 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
Newmarket & Goodwood look like they offered up the opportunity... I've never dutched before but hopefully this wil offer confidence in what I'm doing.

If anyone wpuld like to use it, I don't mind uploading the file. i'm sure paspuggie you have a neat Excel sheet that does the trick too.
I'm sure there will be a lot who would appreciate it, so by all means post it if you wish. Unfortunately I don't have a fandango spreadsheet to do that :o
jamesg46

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:16 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
paspuggie48 wrote:

I'm sure there will be a lot who would appreciate it, so by all means post it if you wish. Unfortunately I don't have a fandango spreadsheet to do that :o
While you're here I'd like to quiz you on power query. Is it possible to transform exported values and create a dashboard in excel that can be refreshed after each market.

For example, a version of the Switish spreadsheet that can be refreshed and monitored through out the day.

I know we can connect to a file with the saved csv files and power query can look at the data but cleaning it and getting it into a dashboard is where I'm lost.
jamesg46

Suprised nobody commented on the photo finishes at Goodwood today & the opportunity they presented.
PapaShango

Some good opportunities yesterday if you had a Ladbrokes account.
nikolong

gutuami wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:45 pm
Why was the last race voided? I had money on it and no explanation was given.
paspuggie48

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

While you're here I'd like to quiz you on power query. Is it possible to transform exported values and create a dashboard in excel that can be refreshed after each market.

For example, a version of the Switish spreadsheet that can be refreshed and monitored through out the day.

I know we can connect to a file with the saved csv files and power query can look at the data but cleaning it and getting it into a dashboard is where I'm lost.
Power Query can auto-refresh every minute if required or refresh the data when the workbook is opened. However, I would probably use a macro for this simple exercise because one can start/stop the programme when one wants. As long as your data is in a 'Table' then any graph that uses that information will auto update as more data is added, if that makes sense?
jamesg46

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:

Power Query can auto-refresh every minute if required or refresh the data when the workbook is opened. However, I would probably use a macro for this simple exercise because one can start/stop the programme when one wants. As long as your data is in a 'Table' then any graph that uses that information will auto update as more data is added, if that makes sense?
Sure does, thanks paspuggie.
Snaff

Is out of season jumps worth trading or give it a wide berth? I see we have plenty on this week 🙄
to75ne

Snaff wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:22 pm
Is out of season jumps worth trading or give it a wide berth? I see we have plenty on this week 🙄
most are ok to trade as long as there is adequate volume coming through. The Irish ones are usually very volatile compared to UK ones (some of the Uk ones can be very jumpy too).
Snaff

I’ll probs have a dabble but get the feeling it could be more problematic then it’s worth 😆

Return to “Trading Horse racing”