Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
goat68

I looked up Trader Dante, he's an interesting chap, he doesn't mince his words!!
Bubace

goat68 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:46 pm
I looked up Trader Dante, he's an interesting chap, he doesn't mince his words!!
The 6 check points on how to tell if you're a C*#t, i managed to tick all 6! guess i know what that means :D :D
Black Ice

Euler said: I've often said this, I quickly passed the hurdle where my trading was considered a success, but I carrying on now because I like the cut and thrust of trading and the intellectual challenge of finding new things.
+1
ruthlessimon

eightbo wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:01 am
I think a lot get into trading with money in mind but then it becomes about a lot more than that and doesn't end up being the main driver for keeping on.
"Money in this game tends to gravitate to those that don't care for it"

That boy Dante :)
goat68

I do seem to be getting better at least at getting the direction of my swing trades right, so far this week, 28 markets, and 20 I got right.
I just need better execution.
eightbo

I was reminded of Dante when that thread popped up about 2010 flash crash, as Tom was in a prop firm with Nav. for a time pre-crash, there are a couple stories there I think if you look up the periscope stuff from Tom on YT, nothing too exciting in fact got the impression Nav. was a distinguished trader
eightbo

Well done goat 70%+ strike rate can't ask for much more than that. Are you hopping on stuff that's already moving, what is your approach ?
goat68

eightbo wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:04 pm
Well done goat 70%+ strike rate can't ask for much more than that. Are you hopping on stuff that's already moving, what is your approach ?
Just trying to put everything im learning together, waiting for previous race to finish, prices, ranges, race type, applying some psychology, trying my best to accept bad losses as s**t happens! Not letting losers run, trying to get more out of winners...
goat68

My aim is to finish a whole week in profit following a consistent strategy. Currently running at +£5
Emmson

I've enjoyed today, many largeish fields and very competitive which always makes scalping easier...this is what I find anyway.
Realrocknrolla

Best day ever for me today, manual trading what i see. I also learnt something that helped me psychologically.... bring out the clock and dump it over your balance.
goat68

Awful day, 45% strike rate and some big losses.
I think I need to admit to myself my entries are random, so as such I will enter by random going forward and concentrate on an edge in my execution, run winners cut losers, only way I think
goat68

What happens at 2mins to post?
I've noticed for some time now the markets jump at exactly 2mins. Prices jump sometimes by large amounts ...
It's as if Betfair do a sudden load of cross matching?
kamil2402

Goat it seems like we have similar trading styles - whenever i have a bad day it looks like you do too. Today felt like the markets were very volatile. Instead of the money coming in gradually letting you spot the trends, the money comes all at once in huge lumps making things very hard to predict.
kamil2402

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:14 pm
Best day ever for me today, manual trading what i see. I also learnt something that helped me psychologically.... bring out the clock and dump it over your balance.
Hats off to you if you could find some logic and spot trends in these volatile markets.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”