Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Snaff

Newmarket always seems a little erratic to say it’s better quality racing.
wearthefoxhat

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:39 am
$150k AUD balls up!

https://www.racing.com/news/2021-05-14/ ... mpaign=RDC
Could have been that new aussie trading software....

jet.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snaff

When markets reverse do you just have to swallow it or is it a sign your trading wrong?
Euler

It could be your timing. As in if you see a burst of activity or vice versa that may have caused the reversal. So check that first to see if you are seeing a pattern.
Snaff

👍👍
Euler

Newbury doing the best to annoy us today it seems.
Snaff

Some money is this for Derab
Euler

So slow loading today!
Jukebox

15:50 Newmarket The market must have been betting that Oisin Murphy was wearing a jet pack on Mumtaaz the way they bet that one.
Snaff

Carnt find a way into these markets. There are loads of repeating patterns but the outcomes all feel pretty random. Only on the decent races do they seem less random. The bread and butter stuff is like cross your fingers and hope ha. You professional’s must laugh at how bad most of us are surely? 😆
jamesg46

Snaff wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:08 pm
Carnt find a way into these markets. There are loads of repeating patterns but the outcomes all feel pretty random. Only on the decent races do they seem less random. The bread and butter stuff is like cross your fingers and hope ha. You professional’s must laugh at how bad most of us are surely? 😆
The words of a man who has walked these markets in each and everyone of our shoes, "the markets literally breathe in & out". That is the repeating pattern :D

Fwiw, (I know you're just kidding) but I don't think anyone laughs at how bad others are. Each and everyone of us hold the memories of our journeys & the landscape seems to have well trodden routes.

The biggest battle isn't the pattern in the market, it's the pattern of behaviour within you (you being general).
jamesg46

Snaff wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:08 pm
I might get some stick for this (turn off now if you're not an Alan Watts fan).

https://youtu.be/X_YVeB6JLb0
Snaff

Haha I thought it was alright mate. I’m not that emotional with the market really, I trade it pretty cold. I just trade out post time regardless, never look to dig out a position. I think trying to trade it free hand if you like isn’t the way to go. Carnt really measure how something is doing but maybe that’s my downfall I’m not sure. I struggle to see where these consistent profits come from. Things work and don’t work in equal measure. I know people say match the strategy to the market but again very hit and miss for me personally. I’m just about out of ideas so maybe I’ve ran my race 😆
jamesg46

Snaff wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:16 pm
Haha I thought it was alright mate. I’m not that emotional with the market really, I trade it pretty cold. I just trade out post time regardless, never look to dig out a position. I think trying to trade it free hand if you like isn’t the way to go. Carnt really measure how something is doing but maybe that’s my downfall I’m not sure. I struggle to see where these consistent profits come from. Things work and don’t work in equal measure. I know people say match the strategy to the market but again very hit and miss for me personally. I’m just about out of ideas so maybe I’ve ran my race 😆
I've said it before, I envy the auto guys; they're very objective. Manually though, you're trying to be objective in a subjective environment... the only place to look as a manual trader is at your own behaviour. There are tonnes of opportunities everywhere, but being skilled enough to recognise them takes 1000's of hours.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”