Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Euler

There are 982 runners today over 90 races, an average of 10 runners per race.

Based upon long-term averages today's racing is likely to exhibit above average volatility against what we would typically expect to see. If all races start on time, then there will be 56 clashes today. If races start on their average start time (usually later than post time) then we could see 64 clashes.
agog

Euler wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:40 am

Based upon long-term averages today's racing is likely to exhibit above average volatility against what we would typically expect to see. If all races start on time, then there will be 56 clashes today. If races start on their average start time (usually later than post time) then we could see 64 clashes.
Cheers Peter - I'm already seeing this and, as a relative newcomer to the pre-off markets, I'm having to swerve all of the low volume/high volatility markets. Nearly every race so far...
bennyboy351

Euler wrote:

Long may commercial greed prosper! LOL

Hope you had a great Christmas Day Peter - and family of course? :-)
Euler

agog wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:21 pm
Euler wrote:

Cheers Peter - I'm already seeing this and, as a relative newcomer to the pre-off markets, I'm having to swerve all of the low volume/high volatility markets. Nearly every race so far...
I'll only trade Leopardstown and Kempton today and may nip in to other markets if the conditions are right. But 80% of races will be very tough today. Lots of quantity, no quality.
Euler

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Euler wrote:

I think the racecourses see these public holidays as an excuse to get people through the doors. Makes sense but doesn't help it as a spectacle.

Had a good break. Though this was the first year my eldest daughter wasn't with us, but that's understandable. But my wife didn't feel so 'Christmassy' without her.
stueytrader

Brutal race and finish 2.52 Fontwell.

Horse (pre race fave) manages to take lead after last fence, looking to stay the best, doesn't even make it to the finish line, a little awful to watch.
stueytrader

Apparently winner in above race traded £53 at 1000 on BF...was looking well beat to be honest but two in front just totally stopped.
agog

Euler wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:10 pm
agog wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:21 pm
Euler wrote:

I'll only trade Leopardstown and Kempton today and may nip in to other markets if the conditions are right. But 80% of races will be very tough today. Lots of quantity, no quality.
I wish I'd have seen your response earlier - did ok at Kempton and Leopardstown but was tempted by some others and got my fingers burnt.... Lesson learnt!
bennyboy351

Euler wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:22 pm
bennyboy351 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Euler wrote:

I think the racecourses see these public holidays as an excuse to get people through the doors. Makes sense but doesn't help it as a spectacle.

Had a good break. Though this was the first year my eldest daughter wasn't with us, but that's understandable. But my wife didn't feel so 'Christmassy' without her.
Though I don't have children myself, I have several God Children and I can understand to some degree your good lady's feelings! Time brings change - for better or for worse - I hope that your change, regarding your eldest daughter is not irriversible? :-)
Euler

£1.8m matched on the feature race at Kempton today may seem large. But that's the lowest amount I've seen matched in my career on Horse racing on that race.
Korattt

got frigging Covid as from Christmas Eve, ain’t exactly been in the mood to do anything today 🦠😩🤢
Euler

Korattt wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:04 pm
got frigging Covid as from Christmas Eve, ain’t exactly been in the mood to do anything today 🦠😩🤢
Sorry to hear that. Any idea where you got it from?
Korattt

Euler wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:12 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Any idea where you got it from?
a couple of possibilities perhaps.. went to London with the missus last Sunday for a Birthday blow out, and/or I must have delivered umpteen Covid test kits (and then some) last couple of days before Christmas Eve.. & it’s only a small village
Euler

Wetherby putting some races back by one minute today. Not sure that will make much difference.
bennyboy351

Korattt wrote:
For what its worth - you have my sympathy. I hope that you get over it quickly!

I reckon that eventually, most of us will 'get' some form of it. I reckon it'll be like Flu and even the common cold.

I deliver medication for a local Pharmacy and all our staff have to carry out a Lateral Flow test twice weekly. Up to yet, I've been okay - but I reckon my clock is ticking! ;-)

All the best.

George.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”