Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Trader Pat

The favourite bounced off 2 a couple of times and then the 2nd & 3rd favourites looked like they were about to drift. As the favourite came back down to 2 I was ready to get on and then.. just as I was about to pull the trigger... I sneezed! :lol:

Talk about bad timing! Missed the start of it and instead of getting on at 1.99/2 I had to settle for getting on at 1.89 :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAGTRADEUK

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:36 pm
goat68 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:33 pm
Wolv 20:30 huge spike at 4mins, wiped me out....
When I see comments like that it makes me all the more pleased about switching to football. :P I'll still trade racing from time to time but I've lost my enthusiasm for the lesser meetings and US racing.
couldnt agree with you more, got completely pissed off with these moves, its hard enough as it is, only small stakes but if they were larger these moves could really hurt. I too decided to move to football, are these moves really X MATCHING or is it something else i.e. is there largre money/bot doing this, if so its just another case of money moving ladders and if you dont have the big money you cant play the game. Will stick with the footie for now.
Derek27

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:36 pm
goat68 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:33 pm
Wolv 20:30 huge spike at 4mins, wiped me out....
When I see comments like that it makes me all the more pleased about switching to football. :P I'll still trade racing from time to time but I've lost my enthusiasm for the lesser meetings and US racing.
couldnt agree with you more, got completely pissed off with these moves, its hard enough as it is, only small stakes but if they were larger these moves could really hurt. I too decided to move to football, are these moves really X MATCHING or is it something else i.e. is there largre money/bot doing this, if so its just another case of money moving ladders and if you dont have the big money you cant play the game. Will stick with the footie for now.
I'd put it down to the nature of the sport. If Liverpool play City even an idiot like me would have a rough idea what the betting should be, whereas horse racing is a niche market with 20,000 odd horses in training, many of them unknown there's bound to be more volatility. I'd still be happy to trade racing but I think there may be more potential in footie. Besides, if you're not following racing closely a football match is far more entertaining to watch. I'll miss some of those red-hot racing presenters though. :)
jimibt

it's nice when a little automation that's so simple actually works finally. this was a lay on the horse that won:

fave-bet-type.PNG

now just need to look at finding a way to place a double back bet and we're done -lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

can’t see the point in having these odd off times on a day like today
Trader Pat

They make sense but only if other races actually go off on time.
Korattt

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:55 pm
They make sense but only if other races actually go off on time.
isn’t that the point of having ‘em?
Trader Pat

Most of the races today with 'odd' start times are 2 miles or further but when the races around them don't go off to time then it all goes out the window.

The 4:05 at Redcar were still in the parade ring 90 seconds from post and almost 6 minutes past post their still not all in the stalls. Very frustrating
spreadbetting

Interesting to see the Tote guy on RUK talking about competing with Betfair by lowering takeout, wonder if they'll be offering the option to lay also. Could be one of the few parties with a setup in place to take on Betfair. Only caught a bit of the interview so dunno if anything else came out.
Euler

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:17 pm
Interesting to see the Tote guy on RUK talking about competing with Betfair by lowering takeout, wonder if they'll be offering the option to lay also. Could be one of the few parties with a setup in place to take on Betfair. Only caught a bit of the interview so dunno if anything else came out.
That caught my ear as well. I don't think your average Tote punter is your average Betfair customer. Anything to help the profile and get people to have a few quid on the favourite is a thumbs up for me!
Emmson

A quality race at Dundalk coming up, what a treat to trade. :D
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:23 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:17 pm
That caught my ear as well. I don't think your average Tote punter is your average Betfair customer. Anything to help the profile and get people to have a few quid on the favourite is a thumbs up for me!
Hopefully now it's privately owned they're more likely to change that customer base. The bit where he was talking about pooling all totes seemed interesting too if they could pull that off with each tote taking their own rake could make up some healthy pools able to compete with Betfair. Probably wouldn't take much for the market makers to move across if things were more beneficial.
Euler

Hollie Doyle could set off a gamble here.
weemac

Only £80k matched at Catterick 30 seconds before the off.
Euler

Dettori having a shocker today

Return to “Trading Horse racing”