Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
jamesg46

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 pm
Ok when you say somebody is throwing a large sum of money in the market do you mean a bet is being placed at 01:55 from the start in most markets or that somebody is placing large sums on the ladder at 01:55?

Just watch the FAV from +01:55 to +01:47 before the off. A Large sum of money scoops up whatever is in the market depending on which direction it is going. I think the sum is between £4k-£10k in about 8 seconds. Then the market holds and either manual traders follow the trend or reverse it (depending on the horse) or this activates a load of BOTS who are triggered when high volumes are matched. I don’t know. It is mainly there between normal office hours.

Just watch it....see if you can work it out.

The market is a mathematical equation that needs to be figured out.
The market isn't a mathematical equation that needs to be figured out... mathematical equations will help you figure certain parts of it out. What it won't do is explain random behaviour by random people. If you see something repeating then exploit it (like already mentioned) you've already said it happens depending on direcrion so you should be able to make a fortune.
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 pm
Ok when you say somebody is throwing a large sum of money in the market do you mean a bet is being placed at 01:55 from the start in most markets or that somebody is placing large sums on the ladder at 01:55?

Just watch the FAV from +01:55 to +01:47 before the off. A Large sum of money scoops up whatever is in the market depending on which direction it is going. I think the sum is between £4k-£10k in about 8 seconds. Then the market holds and either manual traders follow the trend or reverse it (depending on the horse) or this activates a load of BOTS who are triggered when high volumes are matched. I don’t know. It is mainly there between normal office hours.

Just watch it....see if you can work it out.

The market is a mathematical equation that needs to be figured out.

Ok so I've picked 10 videos from the past month at random and amazingly I've seen exactly what you describe between +01:55 & +01:47 in 6 of the 10 videos :o

However there is a but bigger than J-Lo's... I've also seen it between +01:45 & +01:37, +01:35 & +01:27 and between any other 8 second period you want to pick under 2 minutes. Its just the natural flow of the market. Bigger orders arriving as you get closer to the off, sometimes they take out a few ticks sometimes more. You're right though, bigger orders will activate different kinds of bots and in turn will increase volume. There's nothing more to it than that though that I can see.

I think you're falling victim to the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.
xtrader16

Im not even going to ask.

The point is it is the 01:55 that triggers everything. Let keep an eye on it. See if you can work out why it lays at time and why it backs sometimes. In there is a small fortune. There is a pattern in there somewhere.

or

You already know and dont want to lose an edge in the market. If thats the case.....nothing to see here Gov....
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:35 pm

Im not even going to ask.

The point is it is the 01:55 that triggers everything. Let keep an eye on it. See if you can work out why it lays at time and why it backs sometimes. In there is a small fortune. There is a pattern in there somewhere.

Like I said I don't see anything unusual. If you're trading tomorrow make a note of the races you see it in and post it on the forum to see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:35 pm

or

You already know and dont want to lose an edge in the market. If thats the case.....nothing to see here Gov....

I think you'd enjoy the US election thread ;)
eightbo

Just searched up the origin of the phrase "hands down" — to my surprise, turns out it comes from racing!

Hands in the air if you knew that one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Whats the deal with stall 1 at Lingfield over a mile.. the guy on the live stream just said "Hunters Step has Stall 1, he may need a little bit of luck going through" ?
Emmson

The nags is full of odd jargon

Ran Like A Drain is one I hear now and then. Used to describe a nag that ran abysmally but drains run well so I never have understood that. :D

A taken performance

what other sport uses uses this strange jargon that becomes almost de rigeur in the cliquey world of the nags.
jamesg46

I do struggle to understand most of it tbh. Reading the form comments gives me a headache.
wilf

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Whats the deal with stall 1 at Lingfield over a mile.. the guy on the live stream just said "Hunters Step has Stall 1, he may need a little bit of luck going through" ?
It's a good stall if you're a front runner and quick out of the gates, but if you are a hold up horse then you end up getting trapped on the rail behind a bunch of donkeys slowing you down.

If you watch the race back Hunters Step is slow out the gates and the pace of the the race is Pearl Spectre which is drawn high, but they all get out quicker and make there way over to the rail trapping Hunters Step in slightly. Near the end of the race Hunters had loads of run left, but got blocked by the horses in front and had to weave through which cost momentum and maybe the race. Mr mac had a clear run through.
jamesg46

wilf wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:55 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
It's a good stall if you're a front runner and quick out of the gates, but if you are a hold up horse then you end up getting trapped on the rail behind a bunch of donkeys slowing you down.

If you watch the race back Hunters Step is slow out the gates and the pace of the the race is Pearl Spectre which is drawn high, but they all get out quicker and make there way over to the rail trapping Hunters Step in slightly. Near the end of the race Hunters had loads of run left, but got blocked by the horses in front and had to weave through which cost momentum and maybe the race. Mr mac had a clear run through.
Thank you wilf!
wilf

You're welcome :)
jamesg46 wrote:
Thank you wilf!
jamesg46

I had an absolute disaster of a moment today, through an inplay trade... I went to the one click screen and changed to fixed stake, where usually I'll either stake by Book % or fixed liability. (I change it for inplay) in an unconscious moment I forgot to change my stake in the area above our ladders & short story is it wiped my account clean, I've now got 48p in my account.... I keep a fixed amount in my account so I know it's not the end of the world but by god it hurt and in an unrealistic world it would take 50 straight green days to get it back.

I know it's lost and its not about getting it back but it made me so angry at myself... one lack of thought, one lapse in concentration dents the confidence.
Anbell

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:27 pm
I had an absolute disaster of a moment today, through an inplay trade... I went to the one click screen and changed to fixed stake, where usually I'll either stake by Book % or fixed liability. (I change it for inplay) in an unconscious moment I forgot to change my stake in the area above our ladders & short story is it wiped my account clean, I've now got 48p in my account.... I keep a fixed amount in my account so I know it's not the end of the world but by god it hurt and in an unrealistic world it would take 50 straight green days to get it back.

I know it's lost and its not about getting it back but it made me so angry at myself... one lack of thought, one lapse in concentration dents the confidence.
urgh. sorry to hear
beermonsterman

If it makes you feel any better I've wiped out endless banks I cant count them its been that many thinking I've got everything nailed down and jump to big stakes etc but in reality its a mega slow grind I found this out the hard way I now keep things slow and steady I've been trying to trade for 5 years now and still dont think I am any closer to making profit I just keep trying all the same
I remember attending a Steve Howe course :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In a nutshell I seriously doubt any one has ever made it to the top without burning the odd bank or two
Keep tough mate I feel your pain.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”