Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Atho55

You can spend hours looking for a solution re losses when the same time could be allocated to challenging the entry point IMHO...
jamesg46

Atho55 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 am
You can spend hours looking for a solution re losses when the same time could be allocated to challenging the entry point IMHO...
I've been tinkering with the entry point this morning... im afraid though that I might be doing it prematurely. I'll see how it goes today, I've done nothing in regards to stop losses, I've not yet decided how I want to go about it. Cheers Atho :D
wilf

Newbury and Doncaster should be good today, it's trading well. There's some good quality horses running.
Euler

wilf wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:22 pm
Newbury and Doncaster should be good today, it's trading well. There's some good quality horses running.
You would think that would produce an above average day.
threedogs

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:59 pm
HMM Makes me wonder then as its across all markets if it is some kind of bot. I find it more that a bit off putting as I am at a level where I cant compete with this kind of move and am more likely therefore to just stay away from those markets.
I love spikes as they present an easy opportunity to make a couple of ticks ...
jimibt

threedogs wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm
MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:59 pm
HMM Makes me wonder then as its across all markets if it is some kind of bot. I find it more that a bit off putting as I am at a level where I cant compete with this kind of move and am more likely therefore to just stay away from those markets.
I love spikes as they present an easy opportunity to make a couple of ticks ...
i've been collecting second by second data on the UK nags PRE for a while now. I may delve in and review the indicators leading up to this type of activity. i'd say it's more than possible that a good few ticks could be made in these races alone. i've monitored the talk this week about this but not really reacted. wondered if there were any standout races over this week that would be worth focussing on??
Euler

Feature race went well at Newbury, lovely market.
goat68

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:02 pm
Feature race went well at Newbury, lovely market.
Agree, I made 27p from it!
goat68

Then just gave -£1.26 back on Newb 15:35 :-(
This is such a difficult game if your anticipation is wrong, it creeped against me but flow of money didn't look strong so I stayed in, until it gets too far...and I'm out..same old....!
MAGTRADEUK

found todays markets much easier to trade did not notice those pesky spikes so much if at all in the races traded.
goat68

another -£1.25, down for the day now
MAGTRADEUK

it may be that the volume at todays meetings were too high for the spike merchant, looking at this evening its Chelmsford .. lower volumes so will be watching for the spikes here tonight see if they appear ?? Just thought tho should not post this kind of thoughts .. . the spiker may be on this thread... lol
Euler

It's much harder to spike the market when volumes are higher. By default lower volumes probably means lower liquidity and lower liquidity means more volatility.
MAGTRADEUK

it would appear so, therefore a potential means of deciding on a particular strategy ….
jamesg46

Last post about this one for two reasons, firstly I don't want to irritate you all any more than I may have already with it & secondly because I've binned it... my afternoon has been spent changing things around with it so tomoorow i'll start a fresh :D - I'll spare you all of the daily posts about it though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”