Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
goat68

another -£1.25, down for the day now
MAGTRADEUK

it may be that the volume at todays meetings were too high for the spike merchant, looking at this evening its Chelmsford .. lower volumes so will be watching for the spikes here tonight see if they appear ?? Just thought tho should not post this kind of thoughts .. . the spiker may be on this thread... lol
Euler

It's much harder to spike the market when volumes are higher. By default lower volumes probably means lower liquidity and lower liquidity means more volatility.
MAGTRADEUK

it would appear so, therefore a potential means of deciding on a particular strategy ….
jamesg46

Last post about this one for two reasons, firstly I don't want to irritate you all any more than I may have already with it & secondly because I've binned it... my afternoon has been spent changing things around with it so tomoorow i'll start a fresh :D - I'll spare you all of the daily posts about it though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goat68

Hmm, the wisdom of offering a price, the move goes without me...?!
goat68

(moan)
Euler

goat68 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:14 pm
If you offer to open and close, on average you will create a spread. If you take to open and close you will give you money to the person making the spread.
Euler

I traded today pretty well. Very slow start but picked up through the feature races.
goat68

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:48 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:14 pm
If you offer to open and close, on average you will create a spread. If you take to open and close you will give you money to the person making the spread.
Thanks Euler, unfortunately for me that's a too advanced explanation. In my basic view, say I see momentum on the back side, say the spread is 3.5:3.45, I offer a back bet at 3.5 but the momentum maybe such the price moves to 3.45:3.4 before I get to the bottom of the queue...? And before I know it the price is 3.05:3.0 !!
SentaPua

Does anyone can help please? I'd like to display in Guardian the number of selections (like Peter tweeted yesterday).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAGTRADEUK

Yup done that myself, but I tend to offer and if I think its going to move at that point I will offer some of the position and also take whats there, If I get both then thats ok, if I miss the offered price at least I capture the move, but you cant win em all.
SentaPua

How do I do that? There seems to be no instructions on the Betangel Guide.

"Re-Arranging Guardian Layout

One of the useful features of Guardian is the ability to change the layout to one that suits us. The columns can be arranged in any order you require by left clicking on the column header you wish to move and with your left mouse button held in drag the column to its new location.

The windows within Guardian are also un-dockable and can be moved. For example, double click on the market selection box and you can move it from one side to the other.

Clicking on the drawing pin in the top right corner of the market details section will make this window auto-hide. This can be useful in freeing up valuable screen space.

In the top menu area you can also choose whether or not you wish to show or hide the market selection side bar.

Once you have found a screen layout that suits you save the layout by clicking on the ‘settings’ tab. From here you can restore a previously saved layout also."
Vovsen

SentaPua wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:05 pm
Does anyone can help please? I'd like to display in Guardian the number of selections (like Peter tweeted yesterday).
How did you add custom columns to Guardian with Stored Values like this? I cannot find that anywhere
SentaPua

Vovsen wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 am
SentaPua wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:05 pm
How did you add custom columns to Guardian with Stored Values like this? I cannot find that anywhere
Well... that's my question.. I think instructions should be there in the Betangel Guide. But I'm having trouble to find it. I just wanted to know how to display numbers of runners for each race.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”