Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
SentaPua

Does anyone can help please? I'd like to display in Guardian the number of selections (like Peter tweeted yesterday).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAGTRADEUK

Yup done that myself, but I tend to offer and if I think its going to move at that point I will offer some of the position and also take whats there, If I get both then thats ok, if I miss the offered price at least I capture the move, but you cant win em all.
SentaPua

How do I do that? There seems to be no instructions on the Betangel Guide.

"Re-Arranging Guardian Layout

One of the useful features of Guardian is the ability to change the layout to one that suits us. The columns can be arranged in any order you require by left clicking on the column header you wish to move and with your left mouse button held in drag the column to its new location.

The windows within Guardian are also un-dockable and can be moved. For example, double click on the market selection box and you can move it from one side to the other.

Clicking on the drawing pin in the top right corner of the market details section will make this window auto-hide. This can be useful in freeing up valuable screen space.

In the top menu area you can also choose whether or not you wish to show or hide the market selection side bar.

Once you have found a screen layout that suits you save the layout by clicking on the ‘settings’ tab. From here you can restore a previously saved layout also."
Vovsen

SentaPua wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:05 pm
Does anyone can help please? I'd like to display in Guardian the number of selections (like Peter tweeted yesterday).
How did you add custom columns to Guardian with Stored Values like this? I cannot find that anywhere
SentaPua

Vovsen wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 am
SentaPua wrote:
How did you add custom columns to Guardian with Stored Values like this? I cannot find that anywhere
Well... that's my question.. I think instructions should be there in the Betangel Guide. But I'm having trouble to find it. I just wanted to know how to display numbers of runners for each race.
Jukebox

Vovsen wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 am
SentaPua wrote:
I think PW might be test driving some forthcoming new features
goat68

I just don't get I it I was convinced Carl 15:22 'Here we have it' was being backed at 2.56 based on price action and other runners, I then proceeded to chase the price out trying to close out, end with a loss 3 times my days total profit !
Probably ought to have just dumped rather than attempt a careful exit.

There's no easy answer to avoiding big losses other than avoiding the trade in the first place!
smallplayer

Hi Goat. Maybe try to only enter when the market is paused at some price point. If you do this at the right time, then when the money decides what way it wants it to go, you can either instantly get out asap (ensuring a normal small loss), or try to max the move if it goes your way. Hope this helps somewhat.
to75ne

smallplayer wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:41 pm
Hi Goat. Maybe try to only enter when the market is paused at some price point. If you do this at the right time, then when the money decides what way it wants it to go, you can either instantly get out asap (ensuring a normal small loss), or try to max the move if it goes your way. Hope this helps somewhat.
maybe goat should just knock it on head, would appear to have zero aptitude for trading horse racing, its like a scratched record.
goat68

smallplayer wrote:
Thanks smallplayer, you're right there I think I got on too early, although it was at 3mins, and not letting it pause and decide. I also simply miss read it, I read some big bets at that price as genuine money, in fact I think it was traders just getting out of their back trades, so those spikes in volume were in fact a clue to lay, not back...!
goat68

to75ne wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:44 pm
smallplayer wrote:
maybe goat should just knock it on head, would appear to have zero aptitude for trading horse racing, its like a scratched record.
I like your reverse psychology! Don't worry, I won't give up. Careful though those scratched records are very annoying!!
to75ne

goat68 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:52 pm
to75ne wrote:
smallplayer wrote:
I like your reverse psychology! Don't worry, I won't give up. Careful though those scratched records are very annoying!!
not reverse psychology, an opinion based on the evidence you have presented.
goat68

to75ne wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:56 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:52 pm
to75ne wrote:

not reverse psychology, an opinion based on the evidence you have presented.
Fair enough
smallplayer

Wait till you see it pause somewhere at 2 or 3 mins or less, better if at some large number..pick a side to be on (doesn't matter much which in the long haul tbh imo)..get order matched or jump in if it goes..if you're wrong, get out asap, no questions asked, every time without fail..if you're right, let it run as long as you can till it hits next big number, then see what it does there..if it looks like its gonna come back, start exiting..if it looks like it may continue, only exit some and let rest run till next big number..once going your way, take eyes of your horse and watch other ladders to ensure they are going the right way for your move to continue..do all that and you cannot lose money :D

ps by large number, i am trying to say importnt number like 2.5 or 3.25..you know what i mean i hope
goat68

smallplayer wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:02 pm
Wait till you see it pause somewhere at 2 or 3 mins or less, better if at some large number..pick a side to be on (doesn't matter much which in the long haul tbh imo)..get order matched or jump in if it goes..if you're wrong, get out asap, no questions asked, every time without fail..if you're right, let it run as long as you can till it hits next big number, then see what it does there..if it looks like its gonna come back, start exiting..if it looks like it may continue, only exit some and let rest run till next big number..once going your way, take eyes of your horse and watch other ladders to ensure they are going the right way for your move to continue..do all that and you cannot lose money :D

ps by large number, i am trying to say importnt number like 2.5 or 3.25..you know what i mean i hope
You make an interesting point, 'doesnt matter which (direction)', as you know a lot of my worst losses are when I feel more sure I've got the direction right!! Then I start to realise that and try and trade the opposite which ends up just as bad!
So yeah, watch a late pause, enter and concentrate more on trade management
Cheers SP

Return to “Trading Horse racing”