Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
eightbo

Any discernable reason why XM off in 18:10 Fontwell tonight?
Euler

Somebody lent on the button, no reason.
eightbo

Appreciated; ty
jamesg46

This Chester meeting has to be my favourite of the year, not just for the quality trading opportunities but for the memories it brings… it’s the only race course I have ever been to & been to multiple times. It’s a great day out and evening around town after the racing is fantastic.
wilf

Is the API ok? it seems sluggish to me.

Has Caesars Palace leg fell off there's some solid laying action on it.
Trader Pat

There surely has to be an easier way to get horses into stalls.

I still think rather than shoving them in from behind a bloke with a carrot on a stick at the front of the stall would be quicker!
Trader Pat

wilf wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 1:23 pm
Is the API ok? it seems sluggish to me.

Has Caesars Palace leg fell off there's some solid laying action on it.
I've noticed it too... especially that last race at Ascot
Euler

I saw it blip once, but seems OK other than that. Peak stress point is Sat 3pm.
firlandsfarm

I wanted to look at the Forecast markets yesterday and noticed that some races have a Forecast market, some a Reverse Forecast market and some did not have a market even though they had more than 4 runners. Just wondering how Bf determine if there will be a Forecast market and if so then on what basis.
joakim

I don’t know if I’m on the right forum here but I will give it a chance.I’ve read somewhere that the second favorite win’s about 20% of the races, would laying the second favorite be a profitable strategy or would it be to risky,the favorite win’s about 30% would laying that be any better or is it a poor strategy altogether./Jocke
wilf

Could see that Alioski was very weak, but there's just not enough money in the market to get a decent amount on. 1 min to go and £120,000 :|

With so many races even the small profits add up though, so it's all good.
Dallas

joakim wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 11:35 am
I don’t know if I’m on the right forum here but I will give it a chance.I’ve read somewhere that the second favorite win’s about 20% of the races, would laying the second favorite be a profitable strategy or would it be to risky,the favorite win’s about 30% would laying that be any better or is it a poor strategy altogether./Jocke
Best to start a separate topic off for questions like this,

But to give you a quick answer the BSP is very efficient so laying all 2nd fav's (or the fav's 3rd favs, 4th favs etc) over the long term will result in breakeven minus commission paid

You'd need to pick and choose when to lay any runner if you want to profit long term depending if you can spot value or not (ie, is it under priced, or over priced if backing), if you do a quick search there's quite a few threads on this which goes into more detail
Trader Pat

If that poor bloke with the flag at Beverley has to stand there much longer he's going to take off
wilf

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:15 pm
If that poor bloke with the flag at Beverley has to stand there much longer he's going to take off
:lol: I know poor guy.

That was a great opportunity to back Ramazan, did anyone else back it once it went in play?
Trader Pat

wilf wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:27 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:15 pm
:lol: I know poor guy.

That was a great opportunity to back Ramazan, did anyone else back it once it went in play?
Was a nice drift pre off :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”