Australian racing

The sport of kings.
rik

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:31 am
Saturday in-play is still OK. The other days are garbage.

No in play bomber on the leader so far today. He was mad last night.
yes someone was really keen to back the front runner yesterday!
Lutruwita

rik wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:37 am
Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:31 am
Saturday in-play is still OK. The other days are garbage.

No in play bomber on the leader so far today. He was mad last night.
yes someone was really keen to back the front runner yesterday!
It's been happening quite often. Someone is obviously so confident with their superior vision that they believe that they can pull their bet before anyone else wants to lay the leader if is slows up.
Anbell

1.01 just got rolled in perth
Anbell

I tested a new bot today, taking uncovered/naked bsp for a fixed payout of $20, given certain conditions. Active in every race in ANZ, had 500 bets in 90 markets.

It had POT after commission of 15%, which is higher than expected. I'll be very happy if it continues at half that return.

ETA: if anyone is interested I'll post tomorrow's results.

ETA2: I'm only offering this up as an exercise because a) there's been some recent chatter in the forum that you can't make money with prop bets and b) it'll show the variance in any model. If you have a losing few days, like GOAT's trading journey (for just one example) should you change your plan? This articular bot had a good day: should I continue or discontinue? What if I was down 15% on the first day/week? Do I have enough information to make decisions going forward?
Last edited by Anbell on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
gazuty

Anbell wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:46 am
I tested a new bot today, taking bsp for a fixed payout of $20, given certain conditions. Active in every race in ANZ, had 500 bets in 90 markets.

It had POT after commission of 15%, which is higher than expected. I'll be very happy if it continues at half that return.
👍
Jukebox

Anbell wrote:
I tested a new bot today, taking bsp for a fixed payout of $20, given certain conditions. Active in every race in ANZ, had 500 bets in 90 markets.

Fingers crossed for you. I too have a young exploitative bot that has been consistent and performed so far above my expectation in its first 300 activated markets that it must surely just give it all back today.
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:08 am
Anbell wrote:

Fingers crossed for you. I too have a young exploitative bot that has been consistent and performed so far above my expectation in its first 300 activated markets that it must surely just give it all back today.
And good luck to you.

The dumbest thing is that I have a reliable, low return bot that I've never looked too closely at it, but I took a closer look the other day and found a simple variable where half the volume showed a significant +ve return (pre-comm) and the other half showed a significant -ve (less a little bit) return.

And hence a new bot was born.

I expect it to be added to the scrap heap soon enough.

(edited)
Last edited by Anbell on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
megarain

NZ feeds last night

Matatmata and Otaki
152.0E_20210226_Matamata_12679V_SR8250_p0_BA.jpg
152.0E_20210226_Otaki_12670V_SR8250_BA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Anbell wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:31 am

....And hence a new bot was born.

(edited)
Bots that don't give the return you hoped for and need tweaks that you hope will make the difference is so much the norm that if you hit on something that performs well it can be disconcerting.
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:06 am
Anbell wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:31 am

....And hence a new bot was born.

(edited)
Bots that don't give the return you hoped for and need tweaks that you hope will make the difference is so much the norm that if you hit on something that performs well it can be disconcerting.
Everything is always disconcerting. It's a business in which it always makes sense be cautious.

There was a presentation on the slack channel the other day, and one of the messages was : "Winning runs kill bankrolls" - which I really liked (even though I've been doing this for many years, and never blown out)
sionascaig

Anbell wrote:
I tested a new bot today, taking uncovered/naked bsp for a fixed payout of $20, given certain conditions. Active in every race in ANZ, had 500 bets in 90 markets.

ETA2: I'm only offering this up as an exercise because a) there's been some recent chatter in the forum that you can't make money with prop bets and b) it'll show the variance in any model. If you have a losing few days, like GOAT's trading journey (for just one example) should you change your plan? This articular bot had a good day: should I continue or discontinue? What if I was down 15% on the first day/week? Do I have enough information to make decisions going forward?
I'd be interested if you keep on running longer term (not looked at ANZ markets)... My UK & AUS SP bots have really not been doing to well recently - still in profit over 7 months but margins only 1% & 2% atm - was expecting a lot higher..
Atho55

Anbell wrote:

Have been doing a paper betting exercise since last year primarily based around placing bets at BSP. The 2 charts represent the results. The upper is Rank based, such as place a Back bet on Rank 2 at this course. The Black and Green lines on the bottom chart are results of both Rank or Odds based from 20 odd pivots that update daily. Between the 2 charts they cover a wide variety of theoretical bet placements. The fortunes look to follow a similar path.

I was hoping it might shed a bit of light on b)

Good luck

Aus Chart.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Lotta feeds last night

Mudgee
152.0E_20210228_Mudgee_pBA.jpg
Boort
152.0E_20210228_Boort_pBA.jpg
Colac
152.0E_20210228_Colac_pBA.jpg
megarain

Marburg
152.0E_20210228_Marburg_pBA.jpg
I just want to show whats out there etc - will stop pretty soon with the pics.
Jonah

megarain wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:12 am
Marburg
152.0E_20210228_Marburg_pBA.jpg

I just want to show whats out there etc - will stop pretty soon with the pics.
Are these FTA or encrypted?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”