Australian racing

The sport of kings.
PDC

gazuty wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:24 am
Welcome to the day of the world’s richest race on turf.

Will Derek have any tokens left by that stage?

Will Naffman notice favs being hammered at Ascot?

Will McGoo have a break out day?

Will Peter make an appearance?

Will Rik go better and recover last week’s downer?

Will PDC make a return?

Has Dallas set the alarm?

So many questions, so much excitement. Good luck to all.
Thought I would pop in and say hello to the regulars and I hope you are all well. I popped back on to the forum for another thread, my first visit in some time after I gave myself a self imposed ban back in the Covid days when I realised how much time I was spending on all forms of social media that could be spent better elsewhere. So I went cold turkey and left all social media, I have to say I don't miss it one bit (except of course this forum ;) ).

Anyway I will have to come back for the Oz thread as I did like this one during the early hours of Saturdays. So hopefully see you all soon and I hope you are all staying healthy and profitable!
Euler

It was good to see you posting again.
PDC

Euler wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:07 pm
It was good to see you posting again.
Thanks.

The early Covid period, like for many I am sure, made me take some enforced time off and re-assess what path I was on, what I wanted from life and how I spend my time among other things. Looking in the mirror made me realise a good few things. I made some big changes (for me). But basically, less work, more time off, more healthy endeavours and basically enjoy life more and enjoy what I have as many have sadly lost that chance due to Covid and like others on here trading has given us so many options but it is easy to get into a rut without knowing it. Being forced to take time off was exactly what I needed but I didn't know I needed it.
Naffman

Welcome back PDC :)
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:21 pm
Being forced to take time off was exactly what I needed but I didn't know I needed it.
I know what you mean. Jury service has forced me to stop trading and off all but the rant thread, but I don't regret it. :)
gazuty

PDC wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:02 pm
Anyway I will have to come back for the Oz thread as I did like this one during the early hours of Saturdays. So hopefully see you all soon and I hope you are all staying healthy and profitable!
Welcome back. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:13 pm
Jury service has forced me to stop trading and off all but the rant thread, but I don't regret it. :)
If it's the case of the communal bin area vandal the judge might have to dust off his black cap. :shock:
Emmson

:!:

For Sports Traders its like we are in that compactor in the original Star Wars and we can't call R2D2 to stop it closing in on us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Aussie dollar's as low as I've ever known.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Seems Qld racing can go ahead just patrons have to leave by 3.30pm because of the 4pm lockdown
Lutruwita

Naffman wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:58 am
Seems Qld racing can go ahead just patrons have to leave by 3.30pm because of the 4pm lockdown
:lol: :o
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:51 am
Aussie dollar's as low as I've ever known.
Capture.PNG
When I visited the UK at the end of 1992 the rate was 42 p for each Aussie dollar 😢. But back in those days I had converted earlier into cash and travellers cheques (I was a uni student and didn’t qualify for a credit card). And I remember I got 37 p for Aussie dollar. I remember female beggars trying to pin flowers on me in London and asking for a pound, a pound (almost $3 to me). I delivered a lot of firm “no’s” and “go away”. I should probably be saying this in the rant thread
Euler

Any reason why there was so much racing on a Sunday?
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:13 am
Just the extra hurdle meeting at Sandown I think. Otherwise I think a standard Sunday?
Naffman

gazuty wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:22 pm
Euler wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:13 am
Just the extra hurdle meeting at Sandown I think. Otherwise I think a standard Sunday?
Vic usually have 2 meetings I think, just the extra from WA I think but then Port Augusta was called off.

Nice to see racing still continuining, be interesting to see if that's still the case if covid gets to uk levels.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”