Australian racing

The sport of kings.
SteamedHams

eightbo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:05 am
Could anyone suggest possible new angles given my unique location?
I'm <30min from Flemington, Caulfield, and Moonee Valley for example.

I recall megarain mentioning AM radio a while back for example, then there's probably tracksiding the start in-person, anything other ideas? – I'm open to suggestions
When you mean tracksiding the start, do you mean laying the poor starters? If so, I believe that's a no go these days because they are turning the markets in play 1.5 seconds after the jump now. In theory I guess you could have your finger hovering over one particular horse and hope it comes out sideways and try to beat the suspension but there's no way you could watch the start, identify the random slow starter and get on before it goes in play. It used to be possible, quite a few people were doing it judging by the fact that you'd often see something trading at $3 before the jump and then SP at $8 when it came out 5 lengths behind. But those days are long gone.

Harness racing could be a potential angle but you have to be *really* careful. Last week there was a race at Redcliffe where the odds on fav galloped hopelessly about 10 seconds before release, didn't interfere with anything and they still called it a false start. Of course it went on to win on the restart but that gets a green light every other time. It was part of a sprint series and the starter was probably told to apply different rules in order to keep the better horses in play. Haven't looked at the prices traded but it was a legit 100-1+ chance under the usual rules and I imagine there were some seriously shitty layers when the red light went up. Liquidity evaporates close to the start anyway so you'd be chasing peanuts and risking a dud decision by the starter for your troubles.

In-play stuff has never really been my bag, so there are better people to opine than myself, but I think it would be really hard to make anything other than beer money as a tracksider these days. There's no liquidity and what little liquidity is there is pretty sharp.

Give it a crack with some play money though, I could be totally wrong!
andy28

I would say Tracksiders would be hanging around the parade ring now days, looking to see how they parade before the cameras go on them in the birdcage
eightbo

Oooooh very interesting guys thank you.

I was thinking about start action yes. So maybe if that's not an option I'll leave it. Maybe go one day just for the craic

Wasn't sure how each track is covered, do bf have a 3rd party human covering every track?

I saw morphetville being turned late IP consistently for a while a few years ago for example
andy28

Race times for Scone all screwed up, waiting for Ambulance by the looks of things, Plus Bathurst Abandoned, very frustrating
andy28

Someone just came in with $16k at Pinjarra at 3.1 backed all the way down to 2.4 before it ran out of steam. Went on to win, I too did very well from it
SteamedHams

andy28 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:39 am
Someone just came in with $16k at Pinjarra at 3.1 backed all the way down to 2.4 before it ran out of steam. Went on to win, I too did very well from it
A few years ago there was someone who was smashing favourites in WA almost every race with 5 figure bets seemingly indiscriminately. Maybe they've returned?
andy28

SteamedHams wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:24 am
andy28 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:39 am
A few years ago there was someone who was smashing favourites in WA almost every race with 5 figure bets seemingly indiscriminately. Maybe they've returned?
Lets hope so ;)
andy28

Our punters back in action :D
eightbo

This one almost slipped through the net today, I usually check for "Pace" or "Trot" etc. in the mkt name but this one tried to sneak by.

Was this perhaps an error on Betfair's part with the market name?

How do you guys filter thoroughbred vs pace, could anyone recommend superior logic that would catch this?
Screenshot_20240712-205908.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

eightbo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:09 pm
This one almost slipped through the net today, I usually check for "Pace" or "Trot" etc. in the mkt name but this one tried to sneak by.

How do you guys filter thoroughbred vs pace, could anyone recommend superior logic that would catch this?

That's a tricky one. Havent seen/noticed that before. The advice from BF is to use pace or trot. (TAB called the race "Nsw Bred 3yo Heat Ms")
eightbo

Anbell wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:16 am
eightbo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:09 pm

That's a tricky one. Havent seen/noticed that before. The advice from BF is to use pace or trot. (TAB called the race "Nsw Bred 3yo Heat Ms")
Maybe it there's a registered trot jockey list somewhere, presumably they won't do thoroughbred as well...? Haha

The situation doesn't seem common enough to stress over, though
eightbo

Anyone have mkt ID for Taree R6 (23rd July), or official start time?
Mkt not detected in-play for me, several odd matches bets
Anbell

eightbo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:26 am
Anyone have mkt ID for Taree R6 (23rd July), or official start time?
Mkt not detected in-play for me, several odd matches bets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

Ty!
If I had to guess they had to manually resolve SP retrospectively
I've got stuff bets matched at xx:05:17 which is presumably the time they used, but seems like bet timings got moved logs vs. revised (usually they just stand b4 Y & void after Y), it's possible I didn't read log correctly but put enough time into it already gonna leave it now
Anbell

eightbo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:05 pm
Ty!
If I had to guess they had to manually resolve SP retrospectively
I've got stuff bets matched at xx:05:17 which is presumably the time they used, but seems like bet timings got moved logs vs. revised (usually they just stand b4 Y & void after Y), it's possible I didn't read log correctly but put enough time into it already gonna leave it now
It looks like it didnt go IP

Return to “Trading Horse racing”