Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Euler

gazuty wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:32 pm
For all those fast picture seekers - Punter claims he was unfairly banned by Betfair for using ‘stream’ - https://www.theage.com.au/sport/racing/ ... 5azxm.html
Discussion here: -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25934
Euler

Now the Sky feed in Brasil is gone, anybody got any suggestions as to where I can get decent pictures now?
Derek27

Pleased to see the sun shining on Randwick, with a heavy 9.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:46 pm
Now the Sky feed in Brasil is gone, anybody got any suggestions as to where I can get decent pictures now?
I use TAB.com.au but you need an account, and be based in AU. Sorry.
PDC

Anbell wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:28 am
Euler wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:46 pm
I use TAB.com.au but you need an account, and be based in AU. Sorry.
I also would like to hear about any free online pictures, they don't need to be fast. The Brasil feeds were really good, hopefully they will still come back. They appear to have lost both of their William Hill feeds as well which were helpful for Greyhounds. Instead they just seem to have a single Dubai Racing TV feed that works.

I use Racing.com which is good for the main Victoria and South Australian meetings, plus the Betfair Live Video pictures for the main NSW and QLD meetings.

Other than that I use the TAB radio but would much prefer pictures as they often miss the start of races and also don't cover a lot of the smaller tracks.
SlippingJimmy

They've got really strict with their geoblocking lately. I know of a few sources that used to work with non AU IP's but just checked and they've all been blocked.

If you've got a separate machine that you can run a VPN on I can send through some links if anyone is interested.
PDC

Absolutely brilliant line from the presenter at Randwick summing up the days weather:

"It's as cold as a mother in laws kiss"

:lol:
Lutruwita

In play markets weren't as 'sharp' today. Coincidence?
Derek27

Poor night for me and lost half my takings on Randwick R6. It was almost like being mugged.
Dim

SlippingJimmy wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:15 am
They've got really strict with their geoblocking lately. I know of a few sources that used to work with non AU IP's but just checked and they've all been blocked.

If you've got a separate machine that you can run a VPN on I can send through some links if anyone is interested.
Hi, could you send me a link, please. I have a got a separate comp. Thank you!
SlippingJimmy

Dim wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:20 am
SlippingJimmy wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:15 am

Hi, could you send me a link, please. I have a got a separate comp. Thank you!
No problem.

A couple of other people have asked too, will get them through in the next couple of hours. Sorry for the delay.
megarain

How far behind live are the pictures ?

Foxtel is maybe 4 secs I think - maybe a group could get a subscription service and share it.
Euler

Being focused on pre-off. I'm not too fussed about speed, as long as I can see and hear what is happening on course, I'm happy.
Lutruwita

Lutruwita wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:51 am
In play markets weren't as 'sharp' today. Coincidence?
Normal service has resumed. I don't understand the yo-yoing from day to day. After about 10 mins you can determine if it's worth bothering. Just when you are about to give it up after 90,000 races things randomly go back to something more like it used to be.
JCB

Links for Sky 1 and 2. AU VPN required (Urban VPN basic is free and works fine for this purpose). You'll need VLC, PotPlayer or other media player. Delay is around 15 seconds, give or take. These links do change periodically so they will stop working at some point.

https://sky-new.akamaized.net/hls/live/ ... _high.m3u8
https://sky-new.akamaized.net/hls/live/ ... _high.m3u8

NZ Trackside 1 and 2 cover the vast majority of AU races. Delay is slightly lower than Sky. No signup required but you'll need a NZ VPN. As above, Urban works fine if you don't want to shell out for a paid subscription.

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/

For CitiBet users there is also a Sky 1 and 2 stream available on there. About 7 seconds behind. I believe they are getting the vision from someone's Foxtel as opposed to an online source.
Lutruwita wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:54 am
Normal service has resumed. I don't understand the yo-yoing from day to day. After about 10 mins you can determine if it's worth bothering. Just when you are about to give it up after 90,000 races things randomly go back to something more like it used to be.
I have noticed similar and because of this, it leads me to believe it's only a single player or very small syndicate. If there were multiple people playing off the same feed, you wouldn't have these dead days (when presumably they are taking the day off), same applies if it was a large syndicate. There is a stream that I know is available to very large US players, it's approximately 1.5 seconds behind live. It's slightly quicker than the stream that Betfair are suspending off. That could be what they are using but I'd only be speculating.
megarain wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:25 am
How far behind live are the pictures ?

Foxtel is maybe 4 secs I think - maybe a group could get a subscription service and share it.
There are 2 different Sky subscriptions available, the Foxtel vision which is roughly about 5.5-5.7 seconds behind as best as I can ascertain. There is also a commercial subscription available that is about 1 second quicker than Foxtel. The clock on the vision doesn't quite match up with the actual time (when the delay is taken into account obviously). It's less than a second but it is there. These numbers have been sourced by attending tracks in person and timing the difference between the live off and when they jump on the Sky vision.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”