gazuty wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:04 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:58 am
Yep mine keeps saying 'connection was interrupted'
Same (once I do get in).

We are going to need more emojis. 😢🙏
VPS seems gone again
Thanks for the heads up Naffers. I only check in the morning and evening (outside of weekends).
Euler

We run stuff on Aussie racing, so have something running all the time, but didn't notice anything?
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:03 am
We run stuff on Aussie racing, so have something running all the time, but didn't notice anything?
Last Saturday the data centre definitely slowed to a snails pace. Naffers must have picked up that that happened again today.

When it slows dramatically (like last Saturday) what I find is the odd issue near the off or the odd bet misfire. But sometimes it is hard to detect unless you see it live. Like you will have as well, all misfires even out in the long run.
Naffman

gazuty wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:15 am
Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:03 am
Last Saturday the data centre definitely slowed to a snails pace. Naffers must have picked up that that happened again today.

When it slows dramatically (like last Saturday) what I find is the odd issue near the off or the odd bet misfire. But sometimes it is hard to detect unless you see it live. Like you will have as well, all misfires even out in the long run.
Was down just before Gatton r2 if I remember correctly, it just seems to log off almost, my internet connection was stable too
lotora

Naffman wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:48 am
gazuty wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:04 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:58 am
Yep mine keeps saying 'connection was interrupted'
Same (once I do get in).

We are going to need more emojis. 😢🙏
VPS seems gone again
Yes VPS was down for about 20 minutes (according to my log). Personally, it's not a big issue, but for whatever reason, everytime it happens, it seems to go undetected by Bet Angel Support.
Euler

I commit money every day to Aussie racing, so we do keep an eye on it. I traded last Saturday manually as well.

It's not as though I don't have an incentive to pay attention. But it's difficult to comment specifically on what you are seeing as I haven't seen it myself.

We are always happy to swap out servers if you want to try a different one.
gazuty

From my own perspective I’ve always been very well treated by support. Plus there is not much that can be done in the middle of the night in the uk.

To try and be more specific about the issue - the ability to remotely connect to the server becomes difficult/ impossible and the connection itself is unstable. The connection keeps dropping out and instructions are processed at a snails pace.

I think when it happened two years ago it was because something happened to the whole rack my server was in. And Support quickly arranged for a new server in a different rack.

Overall though I can count on one hand, three fingers to be precise, the issues over the last 7 years. Two of the times when it was a Saturday I switched over to my home set up. An exceptional record from my perspective.
gazuty

Ok. Went in to my server log on the vps and this is the incident.

NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x8'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. (0x80072AF9)

This happened at 1:01:23 pm Sydney time.

So that is when it appears the incident happened if that is in anyway helpful.
Anbell

Ive had 2 or three times recently when Ive been watching, and the connection goes down, and I cant get back in using RDP for an hour or so, and bets dont get placed during that time.
gazuty

Anbell wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:08 am
......... and bets dont get placed during that time.
Interesting, that later part hasn't happened to me. I guess no bets would indicate a complete outage.

This morning I notice my vps is actually lightening quick and I have a better connection than usual. Typically I only have 1 bar on the connection strength bar, but today I have two bars. :)
rik

skipped all week, ready for 12 hour session, good luck all
Anbell

rik wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:30 am
skipped all week, ready for 12 hour session, good luck all
Did you get some sleep?
rik

yes 5 hours good enough, just running poorly so far thats the problem
Anbell

heads up: There's another 12 meetings here on Sunday

Return to “Trading Horse racing”