Australian racing

The sport of kings.
sammyhutch

I'm pretty new to trading Australian racing, I traded Rosehill yesterday and found it an absolute dream to scalp with the fill rate being so high. Other than the Saturday morning group races, are there any other Australian races that offer good scalping opportunities with good fill rates and fairly stable price movement?

Cheers,
Sam
Derek27

sammyhutch wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:14 am
I'm pretty new to trading Australian racing, I traded Rosehill yesterday and found it an absolute dream to scalp with the fill rate being so high. Other than the Saturday morning group races, are there any other Australian races that offer good scalping opportunities with good fill rates and fairly stable price movement?

Cheers,
Sam
Welcome to the forum Sammy. I trust you're aware of the turnover charge (50 pence per post to the forum :lol: ).

Rosehill is usually easy and rapid scalping but I actually found it quite poor on Saturday, at least the group races. Nonetheless, Rosehill is my favourite and Randwick (on next weekend) trades very similarly.
sammyhutch

Cheers Derek!

Yes I've read about the turnover charge, but by the looks of things I'll probably only trade the Saturday group races, therefore keeping well under the limit of races.

I'm too new to trading Rosehill/Randwick to know if yesterday was a poor day, but if that's a poor day then a good day must be like printing money! There must be a serious imbalance of punters to traders to make the fill rates as high as they are?
Derek27

sammyhutch wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:18 pm
Cheers Derek!

Yes I've read about the turnover charge, but by the looks of things I'll probably only trade the Saturday group races, therefore keeping well under the limit of races.

I'm too new to trading Rosehill/Randwick to know if yesterday was a poor day, but if that's a poor day then a good day must be like printing money! There must be a serious imbalance of punters to traders to make the fill rates as high as they are?
I've never understood why they trade the way they do but I guess the turnover charge has something to do with it. Other NSW courses are quite stable but less liquidity, sometimes so litter that they lose their stability.

For the avoidance of doubt, the turnover charge threshold is no longer limited by races but total back bets on NSW horse racing markets. They must not exceed 6,000 Australian dollars for the week, approximately £3,300.
sammyhutch

Ah I didn't realise, thanks for the heads up! I probably got very close to that yesterday 😬 No email from betfair so I guess I'm in the clear.

Do you try and trade horses with higher odds to hold on to more chips (using your terminology) and get more bargain for your buck? I can imagine you'd blast through a huge amount of back bet volume on short priced favourites.
Derek27

sammyhutch wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:22 pm
Ah I didn't realise, thanks for the heads up! I probably got very close to that yesterday 😬 No email from betfair so I guess I'm in the clear.

Do you try and trade horses with higher odds to hold on to more chips (using your terminology) and get more bargain for your buck? I can imagine you'd blast through a huge amount of back bet volume on short priced favourites.
I try to avoid horses less than 3.0 but find most of the activity is on the fav or 2nd fav.
sammyhutch

I'm pretty sure I've met all the criteria for turnover charge unfortunately, do betfair let you off if it's the first time you've met all the criteria?
rik

sammyhutch wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:26 am
I'm pretty sure I've met all the criteria for turnover charge unfortunately, do betfair let you off if it's the first time you've met all the criteria?
yes you should get an email but not have to pay
Derek27

If I had a free shot I'd trade £50K for my first week. :)
rik

maybe they assume you know about it stopping at 2900 chips every week, I had an email anyway and not had to pay
The dog of ry

Jockey silks loading for anyone?
ShaunWhite

The dog of ry wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:40 am
Jockey silks loading for anyone?
None here
Derek27

A few extra chips today.
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Hope the rest of Randwick trades better than R1.
Derek27

3 group ones to go and I've run out of chips. :cry:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”