Australian racing

The sport of kings.
switesh

Can I check if there are any other Aussie traders trading the UK pre-off actively every night?

My responsive counter is running over 1200ms at the moment. Just wanted to check if other traders are experiencing the same from here.

Also, would be nice to exchange skype id's. Mine is switesh.

Thanks.
switesh

The liquidity at Ipswich looks good today averaging around 150k pre-off. Geelong is slightly poor at 70k but still good enough to get a few ticks in the last 2 minutes.

That's decent trading fodder for a week-day market.

I'm at work, so can't trade it, but my mind's tossing over the trades I could've gotten. ;)

Hope you're havin a good day if you're trading it! And not to mention - the sun is shining - beautiful day in Melbourne.
steven1976

Switesh, when do you sleep? You must be up most the night trading horses Aus time and then up for a day job as well! I had a play on some of the races between 4am-5am UK time and it was quite enjoyable. Took a vid of one of them but not sure anything of interest as I've not looked back through it yet. There did seem quite a bit of money around :o
RegL

Australian Racing,
The way to make money on Aust Racing is to lay not back.
A good lay strategy will show a hansom profit consistently.
Agree Backing or trading on Aust Racing is for losers.
RegL
switesh

RegL wrote:...trading on Aust Racing is for losers.
RegL
I will take you up on that.
gazuty

Switesh

Got home today to a message from betfair on the answering machine asking me to call. Just called them back, long wait but no one left in the Australian office.

Any other Aussies get a call?
switesh

Haven't received any calls. Will keep you posted if I do.
gazuty

Found it reason for call. Dropped it into its own thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8257
switesh

The 2:26 Grp1 at Hastings (NZ) this afternoon: 4k in pre-off Volume. 108% gap in the book.
Gotta be a joke!
Naffman

Gave Aussie racing a go today and earnt a nice profit (albeit on Practice Mode lol). Wondering if anyone can tell me if Wednesday's are similar to Saturday's?? Are they like a Doomben meeting on a Sat?
switesh

Got caught badly on this drifter at the last Grp1 at Caul. Hope some of you got a big green on this. Not to be missed ;)

I went in heavy backing it (with $1250) because I was trying to go for a big green to end the day. Got it Completely wrong. Made a really big mess of this trade but managed to keep the loss to -$20 in the end :x

Sometimes the markets are lined up so perfect that you can use big stakes (even with a small bank) and really have a go at some record figures. I'm still trying to get my first 3 digit green.

Ended up positive for the day but Stuffed up 2 really big opportunities. Grrr :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Switesh

I am a nonstarter this Saturday. Too many family events.
switesh

The first at Geelong did 150k in pre-off Volume, but that was due to an odds-on fav. I anticipate the other races will do around 60k & so will Ipswich.

Not great liquidity, but good enough to do some warm-up trading and prepare for the Grp2's at Mooney Valley tomorrow.

BTW, the fav (Atlantic Jewel) in 14:10 R4 Grp2 at MVal tomorrow is currently trading at 1.09

If I had a bigger bank I'd be keen to scatter a few limit orders on it overnight.

Good luck & see you in the market tomorrow.
switesh

Got off to a bleak start with slow responsive counter in the early half of the day. That affected my ability to turnover trades and put me in a passive mode. The half hr wait in-between races didn't help either.

Only managed an avg of $10 in the grps races at Caul for the latter part of the day with was quite frustrating.

I hope they get Randwick off the Turnover charge. Was a shame to miss out on the action there. Definitely needed more trading opportunities today.

Very lackluster day overall. Hope you had better a result gazuty.
gazuty

Hi Switesh

Wasn't active yesterday.

So will only be iPad trading on coming weekends.
Last edited by gazuty on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”