Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

Make the most of your chips!
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

The whole exchange is looking shakey. Might be best to use your chips early
Derek27

No problems where I am (been trading soccer all night) but that shortie was expensive in terms of chips.
Anbell

BF have announced that things are delicate, similar looking to the meltdown during the week

efrm R1 didnt go IP
Derek27

Anbell wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:25 am
BF have announced that things are delicate, similar looking to the meltdown during the week

efrm R1 didnt go IP
Is that just for Australia? Things seem okay over here.
Anbell

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:01 am
Anbell wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:25 am

efrm R1 didnt go IP
Is that just for Australia? Things seem okay over here.
Its been going ok. They had trouble settling some markets earlier, but moving along ok so far
Derek27

The G1 traded more like Wolverhampton than Rosehill!
rik

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:39 am
The G1 traded more like Wolverhampton than Rosehill!
Scalping is dead if Rosehill is swingy
Anbell

Its been a very weird day. Volumes way down. I suspect BF was having technical issues under the hood.
gazuty

Anbell wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:55 am
Its been a very weird day. Volumes way down. I suspect BF was having technical issues under the hood.
Checking in.

I’ve flown north (looks like I’m just in time to coincide with more flooding rains).

Bots experienced a modest day. Caulfield much better than the Rosehill. Only one good race at Rosehill and it wasn’t the G1s. Oh well always next Saturday.
sammyhutch

I'm pretty new to trading Australian racing, I traded Rosehill yesterday and found it an absolute dream to scalp with the fill rate being so high. Other than the Saturday morning group races, are there any other Australian races that offer good scalping opportunities with good fill rates and fairly stable price movement?

Cheers,
Sam
Derek27

sammyhutch wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:14 am
I'm pretty new to trading Australian racing, I traded Rosehill yesterday and found it an absolute dream to scalp with the fill rate being so high. Other than the Saturday morning group races, are there any other Australian races that offer good scalping opportunities with good fill rates and fairly stable price movement?

Cheers,
Sam
Welcome to the forum Sammy. I trust you're aware of the turnover charge (50 pence per post to the forum :lol: ).

Rosehill is usually easy and rapid scalping but I actually found it quite poor on Saturday, at least the group races. Nonetheless, Rosehill is my favourite and Randwick (on next weekend) trades very similarly.
sammyhutch

Cheers Derek!

Yes I've read about the turnover charge, but by the looks of things I'll probably only trade the Saturday group races, therefore keeping well under the limit of races.

I'm too new to trading Rosehill/Randwick to know if yesterday was a poor day, but if that's a poor day then a good day must be like printing money! There must be a serious imbalance of punters to traders to make the fill rates as high as they are?
Derek27

sammyhutch wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:18 pm
Cheers Derek!

Yes I've read about the turnover charge, but by the looks of things I'll probably only trade the Saturday group races, therefore keeping well under the limit of races.

I'm too new to trading Rosehill/Randwick to know if yesterday was a poor day, but if that's a poor day then a good day must be like printing money! There must be a serious imbalance of punters to traders to make the fill rates as high as they are?
I've never understood why they trade the way they do but I guess the turnover charge has something to do with it. Other NSW courses are quite stable but less liquidity, sometimes so litter that they lose their stability.

For the avoidance of doubt, the turnover charge threshold is no longer limited by races but total back bets on NSW horse racing markets. They must not exceed 6,000 Australian dollars for the week, approximately £3,300.
sammyhutch

Ah I didn't realise, thanks for the heads up! I probably got very close to that yesterday 😬 No email from betfair so I guess I'm in the clear.

Do you try and trade horses with higher odds to hold on to more chips (using your terminology) and get more bargain for your buck? I can imagine you'd blast through a huge amount of back bet volume on short priced favourites.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”